How far will you go?

Being as lava even as it is cooling to the state it is in the picture is probably in the range of 500-950f and guessing that shoe rubber would melt somewhere around 200f, I think we can call this one busted.

There are some people going to extreme. It may be stupid, but people do that not just photographers. For example, extreme skiing and extreme sky diving, they can lose their lives going too close to the steep mountain. Some videographers are willing to get very close to tornado and video tape it. It is all about thrills.

Not fake guys.

You can pick up hot coals if it has a lauer of ash in it. The same principle applies.

The ignition point of vulcanized rubber is 300 degrees. Now just because the surface temp it's that high doesn't mean that the air temp is that high. Air is a terrible heat conductor. For example the pavement on a hot day can be well into 160-170 but the air temp is only 90s.

Last edited:
Not fake guys.

You can pick up hot coals if it has a later of ash in it. The same principle.

we're not talking about picking up hot coals...the dudes shoes are ON FIRE!
his feet are literally on fire. and somehow, his metal tripod is as well.
not just the bottom 1/4 inch that is touching the ground, but actually running up the tripod legs.
his metal tripod is on fire.
did i mention his feet are on fire too?
i am just not believing that guy would just be standing there, all casual like, checking his viewfinder, while his feet are on fire. not just hot mind you, but actually on fire.
forget the fact that somehow the fire is managing to creep its way up his tripod legs towards his camera. maybe he went lightweight and got a wood tripod.

Seems like somebody's blowing smoke up somebody's ...

not just the bottom 1/4 inch that is touching the ground, but actually running up the tripod legs.
i am just not believing that guy would just be standing there, all casual like, checking his viewfinder, while his feet are on fire. not just hot mind you, but actually on fire.
forget the fact that somehow the fire is managing to creep its way up his tripod legs towards his camera. maybe he went lightweight and got a wood tripod.

It's a plastic tripod that's why it's on fire.

Odds are is that the only reason he is on fire is because he is standing still. Doing so allows for the heat to transfer to the shoes and tripod. If he kept walking he would be fine. Same as those people who walk on hot coals for fun.

It's not hard to believe, its basic thermal dynamics.

For one thing, the back leg of the tripod, the one not on fire, doesn't appear to be touching the ground. The fire on the shoes doesn't look quite right either.

If I wanted to make it work like that, I would put something easy-burning (alcohol-based hand sanitizer would work fairly well) on the tripod legs and shoes, make sure everything was perfect, light it up, and shoot. And then hit it all with an extinguisher right away. Later it can be added onto a shot of person-less lava field. Or you could just add flames to the shoes during editing, and skip having the "I want to set your feet on fire" conversation with the model.

For one thing, the back leg of the tripod, the one not on fire, doesn't appear to be touching the ground. The fire on the shoes doesn't look quite right either.

If I wanted to make it work like that, I would put something easy-burning (alcohol-based hand sanitizer would work fairly well) on the tripod legs and shoes, make sure everything was perfect, light it up, and shoot. And then hit it all with an extinguisher right away. Later it can be added onto a shot of person-less lava field. Or you could just add flames to the shoes during editing, and skip having the "I want to set your feet on fire" conversation with the model.

Occam's razor. Do you really think someone went through the trouble to photoshop a ****ty and boring photo? Or went through the trouble to use flammable liquids to take a ****ty photo?

Or is it more likely some dumbass did something stupid and his buddy got a photo (possibly for insurance purposes)?

This is absolutely possible in every way. But that burn does not look real.

Occam's razor. Do you really think someone went through the trouble to photoshop a ****ty and boring photo? Or went through the trouble to use flammable liquids to take a ****ty photo?

Or is it more likely some dumbass did something stupid and his buddy got a photo (possibly for insurance purposes)?
Oh yeah, Google "celebrity fakes" Be careful though, some are not safe for work, or home if the wife is around. :lol::lmao::lol:

It's a plastic tripod that's why it's on fire.

Odds are is that the only reason he is on fire is because he is standing still. Doing so allows for the heat to transfer to the shoes and tripod. If he kept walking he would be fine. Same as those people who walk on hot coals for fun.

It's not hard to believe, its basic thermal dynamics.

so..the heat transfers because he is standing still and not moving. which is how people walk across hot coals. "if he kept walking he would be fine." but hes not. hes just standing there looking like everything's all daisies. meanwhile, the heat has transferred to his shoes, and up his tripod. heat btw, hot enough to combust his shoes and tripod. and he doesn't look like hes even noticed. odds are, a temperature hot enough to ignite his shoes and tripod, has got to be pretty painful. he isn't exactly wearing any heat resistant gear. the fact that hes standing there, on a surface hot enough to set his shoes and tripod on fire and not even flinch, is actually pretty hard for me to believe.

Most reactions

Back