How good is the quality on this tamron lens?

For $126, you can bet it's not a great lens. It all depends on what your standards are. I used a Sigma 70-300 for a while, and got decent results, but after switching to a Canon 70-200 f/4 L, there is no going back.

Any lens with a Canon EF or EF-S mount will work on a 20D.

I guess I should say I am in the process of saving up for a good lens in the future (prolly around winter time), but right now I just need a cheapie to get me through the summer, with vacation and stuff.

Anything that produces images at a quality equal to or greater than the 18-55mm kit lens that came with my 20D is fine with me for right now. I am just wondering if this thing is actually worse than the kit lens.

The kit lens just doesnt allow me to zoom in enough, so I just need a cheapie telephoto to get me by until I can afford a better lens.

I already ordered a 50mm f1.8 prime canon lens, and that should be here sometime this week.

I have two Tamron lenses and have had excellent results with them. I would not judge a lens based on its price, high or low. I found a review page for this lens on Epinions: Tamron AF 70-300 LD

KEH is a good company with an excellent reputation. They do grade accurately (although that in and of itself is a subjective term). Just be certain, if you have not already, to familiarize yourself with their grading system to make certain you know what you are getting.

Not all of us can afford the most expensive lenses and you can certainly get an excellent lens for $126. :wink:

There was only one review on Fred Mirandas site but he gave it an 8 out of 10. Also said he liked it better than Canon's 75-300

Most reactions

Back