How has photography affected your life?

i took a photo class by accident this year (school year). So i have only been into photography since september, well thats not all true my cousin is an amateur photographer, so ive been into it for a while, but never really involved. but even with such little experience i already know what i want to be in life. :camera:

I agree that it makes me view the world in a whole new way. I enjoy it because it allows me to "freeze a moment in time for eternity" like several others have said.

well Im taking a photography class that requires a loooot of time! So other than taking up all my free time, it's given me an outlet for boredom, creativity, and just getting out there and seeing what Ive been missing out on. I think the most important to me at this moment is being able to "creatively express myself." I put those in quotations because it's an attempt. But I do have to brag--my teacher asked me if she could put up my work in a gallery because she thought it was pretty awesome. :wink: soo i guess i like the fact that it boosts my confidence ---though I am still humble with my abilities and trying to learn more every chance I get.

I don't take my guns out and Kill things as much. Phesant and Quail will never be safe, and I'm Jonesin for a nice bowl of venison chilli but all in all the wildlife in my area are a little safer.

I don't take my guns out and Kill things as much. Phesant and Quail will never be safe, and I'm Jonesin for a nice bowl of venison chilli but all in all the wildlife in my area are a little safer.

You know I've heard of that, people who love to hunt and stalk, but don't want to kill. They'll bring a short telephoto (instead of a rifle with a scope) and try to get a great shot of the deer/bird/whatever. Is that what you do?

You know I've heard of that, people who love to hunt and stalk, but don't want to kill. They'll bring a short telephoto (instead of a rifle with a scope) and try to get a great shot of the deer/bird/whatever. Is that what you do?

I wish I could be noble and claim that as the reason, however for me it is a little simpler. Frankly I'm getting older and when going hunting it's really early, it's really cold and I just don't #*&^%@! want to go.:)

I have found that out of season it is much easier to find wildlife at decent times of the day.

The above reason for not hunting as much any more does not apply to Quail and Phesant however. We own a lot of farm land in the finest Phesant and Quail hunting area of the Country. Northwest Kansas is noted for our Phesant and Quail and those little babies are not going to be safe from me until I am dead and gone. Now that I can get processed Bambi and buffalo I am pretty content to photograph them instead of shooting them, but I do miss the hunt.

I haven't given much thought about how it has affected my life, but I have given though to how my life has affected my photography.

On the practical side of things, I'm an unemployed college student who recently lost his school funding due to the arbitrary decision of a bearucrat of the Veteran's Administration (not lost entirely, I just have to take a different approach next semester). Over the last two months, I've been offered and given quite a few paid assignments. So photography has put food on my table and paid my rent.

Photography has caused me to look at things differently. I tend to deconstruct the world around me and break it down to its more basic elements rather than take them in all at once. I also find myslef wondering what things would look like it they weren't so colorful.

No, as for how my life has affected my photography? Well, 10 years in the Marine Corps has effectivly removed any semblence of shame and inhibition from my being. So, I'm not affraid of trying new things or pushing boundries. It will either work or it will not, and I will only know the anser if I simply do it.

I dunno for some reason, ever since I was very small I loved to steal my dads camera out of his hand and take pics, and you can see my first camera in my avatar, was a polaroid, and I loved it. I am in the photography club at school now, but it is more like a yearbook class and they dont really "teach" photography, so I always like to learn new stuff. I hope to learn a lot here.

It helped me get through the hardest year of my life in 2006. I had two losses but then gain alot by joing NILMDTS www.nowilaymedowntosleep.org. I am able to give to others who are grieving for a child lost. Giving to others is such a healing tool. Without NILMDTS & the support of my family I would not be here today.

So I have shared the beauty that photography has put into my life, I'd like ot hear about how it has effected yours.
Hmmm, actually photography has changed my whole world. I have no idea what's going around me as of late. I am either out shooting snaps or sitting in front of me monitor reading articles on photography and new cameras. This is what I have been doing for few months now (since I came across TPF) although I am in photography for over 10 years.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back