How is my composition? Sunset over lake photo

nickb98c

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Spent a week down at the lake.m I caught this beautiful sunset with my camera. Hows my color and composition? Too dark? I used a 30 sec exposure, with an 4.5 f/stop I recall. I did some touch up with adobe elements(noise reduction to sky with soften tool/contrast and saturation edit) What do you think? *I do apologize for the large file size*

Here is the cropped photo that several suggested I try

6ccopy.jpg

Original
2.jpg

And here is another favorite from the shoot, that I reversed in adobe. I had several different Ideas on possibly framing them together.
5ccopy.jpg

Thanks!

Last edited:
I absolutely love the color and most of the photo but the composition seems to be too heavily weighted on the right.

A crop could fix this, although I do like the amount of black land in the foreground. I think If I removed some it would have the same feel. Thanks! I do have others I will upload.

The colors are beautiful, but this would work better in landscape orientation. You could balance the dark, clear lines on the right with a longer expanse on the left.

I agree, landscape orientation could have helped - but I love the colors and silhouette of the tree.

Nick
This shot has great color as others have mentioned, and I also like the silhouette of the foreground and trees.

I think I know what you tried by having this in portrait.
I would crop some from the top, bottom and left sides of the shot. Not a lot but some. I know you like the foreground, but try it anyway, just "saveas" and you will not destroy the original. If you do, let us see it.
sometimes cropping has a better affect than you realize.

I don't know... I think it's just beautiful. I'd take a little off the bottom, just to about where you placed the signature.

Other than what has been said, great shot! Love the color too!

I disagree with what others have been saying about landscape orientation. I think landscape would totally kill what you were trying to accomplish. It looks really good. But I like the last one the best, I think.

im new to all this ..all i can add is that i like it the way you did it ..re editing it would only take away from the image you wanted when you shot it...keep the faith...you are in it for you........

Last edited:
I like the compositions. I wasn't there, but I think the colors is a bit too blue and maybe a bit too saturated. But like I said, I wasn't there. Pretty place though. :)

I would say 90 percent of the color was there in the raw image, but after adjusting the saturation and contrast, it really made the colors pop. Like I said before, I had a long shutter speed, and it seemed to give the sky a nice glow. Thanks for all the positive comments everyone! Its really encouraging.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back