how is this done?

Layering, masking, gaussian bluring.

i cant see #2, but #1 looks like there was not much has been done.

looks to me like they took a photo in specific lighting. I don't see anything you need photoshop for in this photo.

well, you can either take it w/ your camera with lighting and reflectors or just take one with PS (Point & Shoot) and work with PS (Photoshop) :) Either way is fine.

But I think if you played w/ your camera exposure and flash, then it should get you what you want. You certainly have to worry about the angle and how the flash is hitting your leg

I know it wasn't done with any specific lighting, it was edited through software. Can anyone give a step x step tutorial of how to get that glossy, smooth, bright finish?

I never knew that effect had a specific name, I always referred to it as bloom. Good insight Dao.

I know it wasn't done with any specific lighting, it was edited through software. Can anyone give a step x step tutorial of how to get that glossy, smooth, bright finish?

If you are referring to the Orton Effect, search "photoshop orton action" in google.

didn't see if there was actually any significant post processing in #1, but #2 is easy and can be performed using just a keyboard :)

that skin smoothing effect is very easy to do on PS.
- duplicate your original image in the layer box
- change the new layer to "overlay"
- then go to filter>other>high pass filter
- depends on high much high pass you want (start at 5)
- adjustment>invert
- now you will notice your image has a smooth glowing effect. Play with the "fill adjustment" to lessen it if you want.
If want a specific point where you want it even sharper (eyes for exemple)
- create layer mask
- brush away where you want to be sharper.

Seems like a lot to do, but it's really easy to be honest. Once you understand how it works, you can really fine tune it according to your liking.

Try it out, and lmk if you need more help =)

High pass filter is a great tool that many people don't seem to use. It can also be use to sharpen images that look much more natural then smart sharpen/ unmask sharpen. Do some research and read it up.

well done PS images should look natural and not "photoshopped"

Layering, masking, gaussian bluring.

The problem with Gaussian blurring is that you loose all the detail and so everything just look blurry and kinda out of focus. With high pass filter, it passes all the high key point (according to how much you want), so it keeps that detailness while creating a
smoothing blur effect.

well, don't know why can't I see the photos. Maybe my internet is too slow. sorry

Most reactions

Back