How long does it take these images to load?

e.rose

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Website
www.emilymcgonigle.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
How long is it taking the images to load on my blog page for you guys?

Generally it's super fast for me, but i'm on business class high speed internets with a fast computer so...

And last night it seemed to be taking a little longer. Although I woke up this morning and the router was out, so I'm wondering if that's all I was dealing with last night with the download speeds.

Still curious though...

On a scale from 1 to "holy sh*t it was loaded before I even clicked the link", how fast does my blog page load for you?

Blog ? Emily McGonigle Photography

I'm not sure how big a range that is, from 1 to "holy sh*t…" if "holy s." is 106, then I'd give this about an 89. Maybe a 91. :lol:

Seriously, the photos loaded before I finished reading the headline, so it was plenty fast enough. I'm on a regular AT&T connection at work, on my Mac, Safari browser.

A couple of seconds, but I don't think either my computer or internet connection are particularly fast. I enjoyed your blogs tho', so thanks for that.

A couple of seconds, but I don't think either my computer or internet connection are particularly fast. I enjoyed your blogs tho', so thanks for that.

Haha, thanks, and you're welcome. :sillysmi:

I am on terrible rural internet. According to my stop watch, this thread took 15.7 seconds to load, the link you provided took 18.2 seconds to load.

Yikes!

Use the "save for web" option in photoshop for everything! You can crank most images down to 5 on the save menu without a dramatic quality loss.

No image should be larger and 400kb on the web.

on my iPhone it does not load

on my laptop win8 but home, lower level internet cable speed
it took a good 45 seconds as I waited for specific images to load as they were slowly showing up.

I stopped counting after 2 minutes on my utterly cr@p internet connection

I got only the progress bar for the first 3 or 4 seconds, then everything was up. Cable internet & wi-fi.

So the general consensus is, people with slow internet connections, it loads slowly. And people with quicker internet connections it takes a few seconds and it's good? :lol:

I can live with that.

Most reactions

Back