How long does it take these images to load?

I had blank screen lag when I first connected for about 7 seconds - the status bar on the browser told me it was waiting for Youtube. The first images were up within a second or two after that cleared up. The later images were fully displayed as I scrolled down.

Cheap laptop with Windows 8, Chrome, WiFi to base-line FIOS.

After a count of six, I had a ton of images loaded....I used the scroll mouse to "roll" downward, but everything was loaded. Overall fast loading on Comcast wi-fi, iMac, Safari. I tried to out-scroll the photos loading , but was unable to ever get "ahead" if the pics, so the entire load time must have been less than 15 or 20 seconds, which is probably how long it took me to scroll all the way to the bottom.

I know in both Firefox and chrome there is what's called page speed I think. I've used it for my web site. It looks through everything and gives you tips on how to change things to get your page to load faster. It ranks things to show you what is the biggest contributor to slowing the page down. It is pretty technical though. Most of the low priority stuff makes almost no difference but I suppose if you have a bunch of them it will add up.

Emily, it took 3-4 seconds for enough material for me to look around became visible. 3-4 is about the max people are typically willing to wait. (At least that was the metric back when I did this stuff.)

This is worth looking at:

Website speed test

This is a performance chart of your website's load time, and it will help you identify any areas that may be slowing the site down.

Emily, it took 3-4 seconds for enough material for me to look around became visible. 3-4 is about the max people are typically willing to wait. (At least that was the metric back when I did this stuff.)

Website speed test

This is a performance chart of your website's load time, and it will help you identify any areas that may be slowing the site down.

I dunno what any of that mess meant.

All I know is that it gave my blog page a 91/100 and my overall site an 88/100. :lol:

few seconds. plenty fast enough.. we're on uhh.. "turbo" gaming internet I don't know what speeds. some were loading as I speedy scrolled down but most were instantly loaded.

About 4 seconds the first time and less than that the second time. I may have your cookies :twisted:.

Cox cable direct. Win8 desktop. Chrome

Website speed test

All I know is that it gave my blog page a 91/100 and my overall site an 88/100. :lol:

hahah... the longer bars are things taking longer to load. For example, google analytics is taking a good chunk of time. Anywhere you see a big bar, you should have a look and see if it's something you can minimize or tune. Much of it you won't be able to, and to be honest I didn't see anything REALLY alarming, but a couple things I was kinda like "hmmm"

Website speed test

hahah... the longer bars are things taking longer to load. For example, google analytics is taking a good chunk of time. Anywhere you see a big bar, you should have a look and see if it's something you can minimize or tune. Much of it you won't be able to, and to be honest I didn't see anything REALLY alarming, but a couple things I was kinda like "hmmm"

I think I'd be more inclined to be concerned if it was like... scoring a 30 out of 100.

Or.

A 10 out of 100.

Or something like that. :lol:

The blog itself took about 5 seconds, the photo's were there when it finished loading.

I can see the pictures in this thread.

lol

Loaded in maybe 2 seconds?

the status bar on the browser told me it was waiting for Youtube.

That's weird because there are ZERO things linked to or posted from Youtube on my site. :lol:

Were you watching youtube earlier? :lmao:

Your July 12 post ("#SELFIE - LYRICS -THE CHAINSMOKERS")?

It's loading faster today - it was probably a Verizon thing - we've been having some intermittent issues.

Most reactions

Back