How long would it take you to fill up a TB hard drive?

stone_family3

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Just with pictures? I average about 200-500 pics a week and so I'm looking into an external hard drive. I was wondering how long does it take you professionals and semi professionals to fill up a TB.

*this will just be fore pictures in both jpg and raw format.

If you're shooting 500 images a week with each image being 20MB, that would take you 100 weeks to fill up a 1TB HDD, or exactly 4 weeks shy of 2 years.

Did I pass the algebra portion?

storage is cheap. 90 bucks for a 1tb external hd,

i remember paying 340 bucks for a 120 gig wd hard drive about 7 years ago.
:D

Just wondering out of curiosity what kind of hdd are you planning on getting?

Last edited:
I was planning on getting an external. Western digital ones are sold here for about $87. I'm opting for an external so I can put it on the fire box when I'm not at home. I'd hate to lose all the pics I have, mainly because my main subject is my daughter.

VI, you didn't show your work. B+.

I hate you and I hope you die. You're like all my god damned teachers in school I do my work in my head so if I don't really see it then why should I "honor" you by writing that **** down for you? Huh?! HUH!?!?! DO YOU REALLY WANT TO SEE WHAT'S IN MY HEAD?!?!!? DO YOU?!?!?!?

LOL

I have a 1.5TB drive as my main and a 640GB as my backup for photos and the few documents i think are important.

Had to disconnect my 640GB drive though because my PSU evidently doesn't have enough juice for it and the rest of my parts. After I get paid on thursday and recover from last week, i'm going to drive down to Fry's and get an 850W PSU. Yeah, now that I think about it, if something happens I go back to roughly christmas (eek!)

Always have a backup, if you're on windows vista or 7, there's a really stupidly simple backup tool that you can schedule so you don't even have to think about it.

I hate you and I hope you die. You're like all my god damned teachers in school I do my work in my head so if I don't really see it then why should I "honor" you by writing that **** down for you? Huh?! HUH!?!?! DO YOU REALLY WANT TO SEE WHAT'S IN MY HEAD?!?!!? DO YOU?!?!?!?

:lol: :lol: I was the same way. I couldn't stand "needing" to show every single menial step of work and being docked points because I could do most of it in my head.

All I know is that 300gb drive I bought thinking it'd be more than enough is looking pretty puny right now.

Three or four years at least (non-professional)

I have a 5 YO computer and have a 40 Gig HD ... talk about puny!!:lol:

All I know is that 300gb drive I bought thinking it'd be more than enough is looking pretty puny right now.

Most reactions

Back