How Long???

It saying that I can't post attachments???

You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may edit your posts

Like this????

Hmm... generally people just upload pics to a host somewhere and then link to them here; wouldn't that work?

I don't know how to do that. The other forum that I belong to has an upload icon when you post your stuff. Tell me what's different here. The software seems the same.....
Cosmonaut

Storage and bandwidth issues I guess; the server probably wouldn't be able to handle everyone uploading files. It's fairly simple to upload to another free host. Try Photobucket.com. Just set up an account, follow the instructions on the site, and then once you've uploaded pics there you copy the link and paste it here.

You need to be a subscribed member in order to get your own gallery space on here and to post thumbnails from there. But it is easy enough to upload pics into www.photobucket.com or www.fastpictures.com or so ... just make sure that when you save them you do so at at a webfriendly size of max 800x600 pixels and at "8 - maximum" (not "12 - optimum) - if you don't, Photobucket will quite randomly resize them and Fastpictures (for example) won't take them.

NEW TO TPF? START HERE! How to upload and post photos

This thread is a sticky near the top of the general gallery. Perhaps it should be more prominent...because most new members seem to miss it.

Also, the search function works great...probably similar to other forums. So try that first.

Most reactions

Back