How many bags do you have?

Discussion in 'Beyond the Basics' started by manaheim, May 29, 2009.

1. manaheim

manaheim Jedi Bunnywabbit Staff Member Supporting Member

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos OK to edit
    I'm starting to feel like I have a bag problem, but I actually use all my bags for different situations... so I'm wondering if it's really normal to have this many or if I'm just crazy.

I have ...

• 1 gigantic Tenba backpack (this one I NEVER use... it was a bad purchase)
    • 1 very small backpack that holds camera, 1 lens, 1 flash and maybe one stubby lens. I can also ram a few little extras like a charger and some filters in there.
    • 1 shoulder messenger bag thing what holds 1 body and 2-3 sizable lenses
    • 1 ginormous holds-it-all messenger style bag that hold both of my bodies, all my lenses, flashes, etc. It's big but surprisingly workable on site.
    And I STILL want a slightly larger packpack that holds more "other stuff" (like airplane carryon stuff) and just a hair more equipment than my existing small backpack goes. Like a midsize.

2. PhotoXopher

PhotoXopher TPF Noob!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    3, and looking for another.

Small: Lowepro Cirrus 25 (or something like that)
    Holds camera with lens and cards.

Medium: Lowepro Rezo 170AW
    Holds camera with lens, second lens, batteries, cards, cables, small flash, cleaning kit, card reader.

Large: Lowepro Flipside 300
    Holds camera with lens, 2 additional lenses, batteries, cards, cables, 2 SB600's, filters, cleaning kit, card reader, charger, tripod.

Last edited: May 29, 2009
  3. farmerj

farmerj TPF Noob!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    I have a CamelBak H.A.W.G I made dividers for. This is currently my daily carry bag. I don't normally carry the laptop with me, so at the moment, it's not an issue.

I also have a Piper Gear "Bugout Bag" that I could use for a larger camera bag.

Just making do with what I have until I find the one that really fits my needs.

I am really interested in the Tamrac "Dual Access" bags. Would be a nice set up I think should I have a time I need to carry the laptop with me.

4. Mike_E

Mike_E No longer a newbie, moving up!

The Upper West Side of Mississippi (you have no i
    Photos OK to edit
    One under each eye. And a teenager for each one. :lmao:

5. Dao

Dao No longer a newbie, moving up!

I just have 2 Canon bags. Backpack and shoulder bag.

6. B Kennedy

B Kennedy TPF Noob!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    4 bags here...lowepro commercial AW, lowepro dryzone 200 --> which i love for hikes...very comfortable and a nice tripod mount on the back. Only downside to carrying the tripod on this bag is it makes it much heavier and the bag sticks out from your back a good 12" and with the tripod its more like 14". But I still love that bag....manfrotto tripod bag...and a small, if you may...fanny pack with minimal padding and waterproof for when im fishing (wading)...

7. bigtwinky

bigtwinky No longer a newbie, moving up!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    2 bags for now.

- Lowerpro Slingshot 200 AW ... I use this 90% of the time. Holds XSI gripped, 10-22, 28-75, 50-200, flash, cards, extra batteries. And a s little tiny top section for items like my wallet and what not. Great bag, but can get heavy

- Canon sidepack, don't know the name. I use it when doing events, holds 2 lenses, flash and other accessories. Quick access, easy to use.

As my other posts states, I'm in the market for a backpack that can hold as much as my slingshot, with more room for personal stuff, and possibly a tripod.

8. SrBiscuit

SrBiscuit TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    3, but in the market for 1 more. :D

small: just a lowepro, single lens SLR bag
    medium: lowepro micro trekker 100 (very uncomfortable so it never comes out)
    large: canon 200eg (i like this bag and it;s my main cam bag)(yes i shoot nikon...lol)

in the market for a nice side access bag like the slingshot....havent decided for sure yet.

9. Gaerek

Gaerek TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    I have three bags. I have a lowepro single camera bag that only holds my camera and current lens. It has a pocket for other things. I keep an extra battery and memory card in it. I have a small backpack (can't remember the brand) that holds my camera, a few lenses, and other small accessories. I also have my big over the shoulder bag that holds everything. I mainly use that for storage.

I'd like to eventually get a bigger bag that holds more gear, my laptop and external hard drive for when I travel.

10. benhasajeep

benhasajeep TPF Noob!

2 bags medium /large, 1 small single camera bag, 2 medium backpacks, 1 medium / large pelican. For 2 people and way too many cameras.

And just this morning ordered a Tamrac pro 13. Actually was going to order 2. But decided to make sure what I think will fit does.

11. msf

msf TPF Noob!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    I have 2 rather small bags.

One I use for just the camera and a small lens, and toss in some batteries. And the latch is broken.

The other use to be good, but now I got to much in it, plus the zipper is broken. It works ok with my Canon xt with grip, but doesnt work to well with my 20d without grip.

And I use my regular school backback to hold a camera and lenses time to time. Its not a camera backpack. Im not sure about getting one of those, it would be nice to have, but it also announces to the people that know, that your probably carrying expensive equipment. I switched my camera strap for an older one so it doesnt say digital on it. :)

I have a smaller suitcase that Ive been thinking about turning into a camera bag by putting in foam cut in a way to hold all my lenses, camera's, flashes, and accessories. Then just lug that around while on the job.

12. Lyncca

Lyncca TPF Noob!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    LOL, that's funny :lmao:

I have one, but technically two. I have a Lowepro backpack that will hold most of my lenses and flashes. I rarely want to take ALL of my stuff to any particular shoot, although it is close on some.

I also have a purse that is a messenger bag, so if I am going light, such as to a party (camera with 18-200 on camera, nifty fifty as an extra for low light and my flash) then I just shove it in my purse and have a back ache all night.