How many Gigabytes of photos do you have stored on your hard drive?

You still count in GBytes???

yes:(

My slide scans alone are 0.5Tbytes, and then there is the neg scans and the digital only images on different drives .... cannot be bothered to add it all up ;)

Thats interesting that scanned film takes up more space, than digital.

more colour depth if you use the right scanner (true 16 bit), and usually more megapixels ;)

yes:(

Yes indeed. See post #14. At about 40 megapixels for a 35 mm frame, and 16 bits per channel, that's around 80 MB per frame. For medium and large format the files are even bigger - mostly around 500 MB each. That's only the size of the original. If you add a few layers, the file size can get quite large.

Best,
Helen

73.4 gigs 26,049 pictures. Been shooting since April 27, 2006. First with a 4mp Nikon L4 now with a Nikon D80.

17,000 exposures on the L4 and going on 25,000 on the D80. I've only shot that many, but kept the 26,000 on the computer. Backed up to a 320G external

~Michael~

PS: I'm so picky with my pictures that with only 26,049 pictures, I have onl printed about 200.....what's that...some 0.7% Ha Ha

~Michale~

I've been shooting since November of last year and I just bought my second 500Gig backup drive, so at least 500Gig of just images backed up from my internal disk, but I keep about 99% of my shots in hopes of learning something from the mistakes too.

Over 1 TB but thats two copies of everything I have 1 in RAW and 1 jpg

About 30gig in the past 6 months I dont know how much more beyond that!

About 25GB - I'm ruthless at clearing out.

I have 135gb on 2 redundant back up drives.

Most reactions

Back