How many hours do you spend oh photography ?

Sirene

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I'm curious as to how many hours do you guys spend daily or weekl... learning, shooting, editing etc...

:D

Lately... Not much.

The last few weeks, the only time I even took my camera out of the bag was for fight club.

Been meaning to shoot more though.

I shoot whenever I can. I am still learning (actually I've been "still learning" for a few years now :greenpbl: ) so I am always reading different books and magazines. All day at work I am just antsy on getting off so I can pick up my camera.

About 3-4 a day, more in PP. Depending.

About 8 a day on average. Maybe only a couple of hours at weekends

Before and during college... probably at least 2-4 hours a day.

Post family and career... maybe 2-4 hours every few days.. No where near enough.

It depends. There are days when I've exposed a number of sheets or rolls of film, and on those days I'll spend a hour or so developing and a couple hours printing conact sheets and preliminary prints of selected negatives. Other times I'll spend a few hours printing in the darkroom working on getting a couple of finished prints.

When I am photographing, I tend to work only for a few hours, unless I'm hiking to a remote destination, but even then I rarely spend more than a few hours actually making exposures. As others have stated, I would love to have more time to photograph, but even had I won the lottery, I think that a 1-2 hours a day would be my maximum time actually photographing or a 2-3 hour darkroom session...

- Randy

yesterday was the first time I took my camera out in probably 2 weeks... :(
Got in an hour maybe? Just rode around out behind my house on my golf cart looking for cool things to take pics of!

When ever I can, Ive almost completed my final semester and will soon have my degree in photography art so Ive had it out alot lately.

About 30 hours a week for work. Personal time varies. Depends on if I'm working on a project or not.

I just re-read the original post - I also spend a good hour or more each day looking at the work of others, which I consider part of the learning process. I have an extensive home library as well as what's posted online or in local galleries and art museums...

- Randy

Not nearly as much as I'd like. Photography is mostly a hobby/side job that I do when I'm off of my full-time day job. While I love doing it, there just doesnt seem to be enough hours in a day to devote more time to it. =/

Most reactions

Back