How many MEGA PIXELS is your digital?

eos d60, 6.3mp...prints grainless 13 X 19's what more do you want....maby canon eos 1 ds..

Ofcourse you can't compete with film cameras in terms of resolution yet. But there are professional quality digital cameras out there with plenty of the same qualities as a normal SLR. I was just browsing some digital SLR's at Canon's website and man I'd like to try some of those suckers out. Anyhoo, I side with digital just because I don't have a great instinct for the art yet and being able to review shots is indispensible for me right now.

On the subject of digital zooms, ignore the feature completely. It is useless. All it does is make the pixels larger so it's not really helping anything. However there are plently of cameras on the market with an optical zoom not to mention the digitals where you can actually attach a zoom lens. So yeah digital can't compare but it's not the only option in digital cameras.

I have a 5MP Olympus C5050 that does an amazing job. I just recently purchased a 6.5 MP Digital SLR camera (Canon EOS 10D). It is truely amazing and I love it to death.

Mine's is 3.2 MP...shoots great pics (especially since I bought the camera for $150 at Walmart [Kodak CX4300] during their Thanksgiving sale). I hope to save up some money in the next year or so for a better one and pass this baby down to my cousin.

Heyas...

Using a Canon 10d with 6.3 effective megapixels on a CMOS sensor. I think perhaps there's an important note here that MegaPixels really only determines the size and resolution of the image, not necessarily the 'quality.' For example, a 4 Megapixel camera could take a standard 4x6 photo better than my 6.3 provided it's got better sensors and optics. This is my understanding of digital technology. So if you want big pics than you need big MegaPixels... but to my knowledge, again, this is the only reason for having more megapixels.

mine is a 3.2 Nikon Coolpix 3100...
its pretty good since its my first one :)

I just found a Pentax Optio 550 for $600 I'm going to suggest the company purchase. 5x optical zoom and 5 Mp. All the reviews I've read have been great. And it's really compact, that's why I'm seriously considering it. It drops into the pocket with ease.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back