HOW MANY OF YOU ALL STILL LIKE FILM?

I have more fun shooting my film cameras then my digital

yea same here... its like driving manual cars and auto cars. manual cars are more fun
clear.gif

I shoot almost 100% film. I develop all my own Black and White, and when Im in the mood will setup a darkroom in my bathroom and make some prints.

I love having a stock pile of different films to pick and choose what I shoot. I absolutely love getting slides back from the lab. I swear everytime I unroll some medium format slides I giggle just a little bit.

I havent been into photography for all that long, but when I did shoot all digital I rarely made any prints. Now I have 6 or 7 prints in my office at work, Ive got a handful of prints hanging at my moms house, and Ive got a boatload of framed prints hanging on walls and sitting on shelves in my own house.

I find when shooting film, Im in it for the whole process, choosing a film, choosing my shots, processing, and then making prints. I never feel this involved in the whole thing when I use my DSLRs.

I dunno if I will always be this dedicated to film, but for the time being I love it, and when money permits I would love to pick up some large format gear, preferably an 8x10.

Most reactions

Back