How many pictures?

Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
For your average gallery? I have 21 up of what I feel is my best right now. I wonder if I should dwinde it down to 10 best or if people tend to feel that more is better? Whats a good average number?

I am also wondering if anyone would like to take a look and point out any pictures that should REALLY not be up in my gallery. I feel they are all pretty strong for where I am right now, but I think a few are iffy. Would like fresh perspective. http://www.freewebs.com/kellylindseyphotography/apps/photos/album.jsp?albumID=223395

in my opinion, you could consider a few more toddlers and less babies.

as for amount of pictures, when i was looking for a photographer to shoot my wedding, i preferred seeing more.

I try and keep it to what's visible on a 1024x768 screen. Using Jalbum, I can get up to 12 images on a "page". Occasionally I'll run galleries to two pages, and very rarely three. Remember that people have short attention spans, and need instant gratification. If they have to work for it, they may go elsewhere.

I would suggest creating more galleries, that way if someone likes what they see in one, they will go to the others, but if they don't have more images likely won't help.

Just my $00.02 worth - your milage may vary.

~John

Excellent work! The amount of images is up to you. One school of thought is that no one likes to look at more then 12 images and the chances of you having more then 12 great images is pretty slim. These days that theory seems to be thrown out the window. Just keep in mind that you are judged on your worst photo. 12 or ever how many be sure they are only your absolute best.

Love & Bass

I would change that grey background, with the pattern, it is quite hard on the eyes, or maybe that is just me, that's my 2 pennies worth! Lovely photos BTW, good luck, I am also doing a small biz out here in Oki...
P

Most reactions

Back