How much a photo retoucher makes?

Discussion in 'Photographic Discussions' started by tecboy, Oct 4, 2017.

1. tecboy

tecboy No longer a newbie, moving up!

San Jose, Cali, The Heart of Silicon Valley
    Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos OK to edit
    So, I keep getting connection from photo retouchers from Model Mayhen as well as Facebook. Is photo retouching business is really as tough as photography business? I shoot primarily pet. Can they retouch photos of dog and cat?

2. chris

chris No longer a newbie, moving up!

Retouching will be as competitive as photography with a range from professional grade services, with appropriate prices, to rock bottom prices with a high probability of rock bottom quality to match. Anyone with basic retouching skills can work on pet photos, but what would the quality be?

3. vintagesnaps

vintagesnaps Been spending a lot of time on here!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    I don't know... seems like some people offer their 'services' online for doing all kinds of things, is this the latest?

Personally I'd delete, ignore, block... that sort of thing. If I need something done I'm going to be looking for a professional, someone actually in business. I wouldn't count on people who are posting and sending out crap online knowing what they're doing.

• Like Like x 1
  4. webestang64

webestang64 No longer a newbie, moving up!

Photos NOT OK to edit

I do photo retouch at my job all day. Other than doing the retouch at work I also do retouch for a top photographer here in St. Louis as a side job. Do it all on my own...? No flip'n way, to me it's even more competitive than shooting. You know the story.....anybody with Photoshop is a pro-retoucher.
    And I have had to do retouch on pets. Mostly it's photos from cell phones.....:rolleyes: