How much did your wedding cost?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Brides Dress x 3 (yes they use 3) - rented not buying.
Bridesmaids dresses x3 (just 3 girls) - rented
Suits x4 - rented x3
Make up & nails
Hair Stylist
Rings
Flowers
Table dressings
Cake
Food for 100 (I haven't shaken hands with 100 people in my lifetime)
Alcohol: Kegs of Beer, bottles of spirits and wine supplied by us.
Band
Dj
Photographer
Museum as photo shoot venue rental
Videoman
Hall rental (very grand I must say - old old theatre)
Coach from Airport to town.
Gift for guests (they get bottle of vodka and/or cake)
Hotel for groom prior, B+G after.
Tips.
Honeymoon.
The list is so long that it's likely I forgot some carp.

All of that I said nothing.

This one mad me really mad but I said I'd do it for her so she can get married in that church: Mandatory Catholic Pre-Marriage course\lecture €120 (I will probably attend drunk to remain passive and will definately leave early to watch the 6 Nations Rugby in the pub, and I will leave the catholic church after the wedding finally because of this but it's not like I was really in it anyway)

And this one finally made me snap...
Now she wants to send out Marriage notices to people that aren't coming, haven't been seen for years, are not invited and probably won't be seen ever again, for another €150

What does all that have to do with love and getting married?

Well, I would actually need to ask my parents how much they spent, but I doubt it was a lot more than some 3 - 4k Deutsch-Marks (20 years ago). I'm totally NOT into the showy aspect of things, my wedding dress was no real wedding dress, no outfit to be bought for maids or bestmen since there were none, we had a garden party in my parents' garden, the cakes were all home-made, dinner was brought by a caterer, my brother was our disc jockey and my sister the wedding photographer, my b-i-l the videographer. No special car, hence no special flower decoration on it, either.

Everyone commented on how nice it was.

Ah. And no honeymoon, either. We were back to work 2 days later.

I think in total our wedding was about $1000 (including travel cost - we did get married in Vegas ;) )

I say work on the marriage not the wedding. We were married in vegas and we are NOT in debt. Which makes the marriage go smooth.

My first marriage my ex wanted the bells and whistels... brown palace wedding,,, THE whole nine, Band NOT a DJ.. He is a spoiled rich kid,. What I have to show for it is a divorce and bankruptcy.

Thats why I chose Vegas for the second wedding!

Divorce rate is 60%.

I've been married for 10 years. My wedding cost approximately $183,000 US. Here's the breakdown......

$88,000 for a house. I would have been happy with something much cheaper by myself.

$12,500 for her first car.

$18,000 for her 2nd car.

$6000 for the insurance I paid over what mine would have cost.

$12,000 for the extra cost of medical insurance over what I would pay for myself.

$2000 for the out of pocket expenses of the birth of 2 girls.

$5000 I'm guessing in cloths for the girls over their 7 and 4 year lifespans so far.

$7000 I'm guessing in cloths for her that I wouldn't have bought by myself

$8400 for the satellite TV which I don't ever watch.

$11,000 in property taxes that I wouldn't have with a house.

Oh, and the $5000 for the wedding itself. We could not afford a honeymoon and have never gone on one.

That totals $194,900.

What I saved by getting married.... $11,000 in child tax credit on my federal income taxes.

Overall total is, it cost me $183,900 US to get married and the cost is still rising......

Seriously, you people are absolutely crazy when I see you state figures at $10k up to even $30k. Or you just make too much dang money. How bout spreading that cash over to us laborers who are doing all the work instead of holding or cutting our pay every year to "save money" for the company.....

Weddings are a ridiculous expense. With everything else that goes into getting married, such as getting a decent place to live, furnishing it, replacing everything that is wrong with it, there's nothing like starting out a marriage in debt! It's been 10 years now and with the US economy for normal working people, the hole just gets bigger and bigger and bigger. I can't even see the bottom of the hole anymore.

As you will find, the wedding, the marriage and routine maintenance is the cheap part.
So far I have paid for 29 years of college (5 children @ 4 years each + grad school for 3).

no idea. my dad paid for it .

but i will say in this day and age20 30 40 50 thousand for a wedding????

wouldnt it be better to put a deposit on a house.:hug::

My hubby and I paid for our wedding and reception in the US which came to just over $10,000 and my parents paid for the reception in England which came to about £4000 the most expensive item was my dress, which after alterations and two cleanings came just over £1000 I did get to wear it twice though...

yes, i would say a house is a better investment ;)

I spent 5-7k on the trip to Mexico (w/ wedding included), 6k on the reception in the US, and I am sure that the 15 people that came with dropped 2-3k per person to go. So... My out of pocket was between 5 and 7k. Our parents and guests pocketed the rest of the costs. I wouldn't have done it any other way.

still would rather have the house im 40 this year and only two more years on the mortgage to go. then im home and dry.

no more full ime jobs for us just fun fun fun:lmao:

still would rather have the house im 40 this year and only two more years on the mortgage to go. then im home and dry.

no more full ime jobs for us just fun fun fun:lmao:
Nice, I'm 35 years old, have 23 more years paying on the house, and probably 95 more years until I can retire (read as I will probably never be able to retire, our economy sucks.)

Actually, I doubt I'll be able to keep the house much longer. You have to have mom and dad buy you an engineering degree to make any money around here. Without the engineering degree, they just keep giving you below inflation raises every year and it gets harder and harder to keep up until you default on everything.

keep your chin up, sorry to hear bout that.

sometimes things get better:wink::wink:

I was a wedding shooter when we got married. We both decided to step into the Justice of the Peace and get it done. I handed his wife my camera all preset and let her take a few pix. Total cost = $35 + 1 roll 35mm Kodachrome.

(should have used cheaper film)

Be my wedding planner?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

Back