Beer 4 ...clink!

e.rose said:
OOOOOOOH.

I haz wine. Does that count? :lmao:

Just cracked that mother open about 5 minutes ago! :lol:

:cheers:

Beer 4 ...clink!

Wine Glass 3!

I'm on glass 2, but I have to work tomorrow, and I'm editing, so I'm taking it kind of slow.......... being a lightweight and editing don't usually = good work. :lmao:

EDIT: See? "don't usually"...... WTF. I must be drunk already.

DOESN'T usually................ is what I meant. :biglaugh:

e.rose said:
I'm on glass 2, but I have to work tomorrow, and I'm editing, so I'm taking it kind of slow.......... being a lightweight and editing don't usually = good work. :lmao:

EDIT: See? "don't usually"...... WTF. I must be drunk already.,
DOESN'T usually................ is what I meant. :biglaugh:

Lol it's all good I'm stopping at 6, I have powerlifting tomorrow morning :)

On the off chance that you actually don't know what CFM shoes are.. Come F**k Me shoes. If they're not very very bad for you, they're not CFM shoes.

Having thought your scenario through a bit more, and recognizing fully that hindsight is 20/20, here's what I would do:

When you're flustered and thrown out of your comfort zone:

- start by saying 'This is a scenario I wasn't expecting, give me a little time to work through this' and then send the client away for 20 minutes to have a smoke or whatever.
- then walk around the car or whatever dumb thing it is, and figure out photographic possibilities.
- if you get no ideas, consider telling the client 'I don't see any good way for me to make anything to my standards with this'
- if you DO get ideas, then go ahead and shoot them

The fact is, that's an ugly little car. All the stuff with her on the car wasn't gonna work because the car is too damn small. The sprawling over the hood stuff works fine on American Muscle Cars, since they are basically big. I can visualize the hood shots from this thing, and they make me shudder.

For me, the only thing that's worth a damn, graphically, about that horrid little car is the wheel. If had 24 hours to gnaw on it, I think I would have come up with two shots:

- her legs and feet next to the wheel. Standing in a couple of poses (toes out, toes in, ankles crossed) and walking past (model walk, regular walk).
- if she's got an elegant squat (knees together, one up one down, hands and forearms draped on the thing) a few shots of her doing that in various orientations relative to the wheel.

Of course, I am now proposing that you come up with this in 20 minutes ;)

^^ LOL. Yes. preferably with the girl in it.

Thanks for the link. I'll check that out. :sillysmi:

As for the posing... ANYTHING I tried looked like that to me. I have ones of her draped over the hood... it just all looks like trash to me.

S'why I avoid "car models" that want to shoot with me. Unless I'm getting paid... I'm staying FAR far f**king away from that ****, cause I have ZERO use for this stuff in my portfolio. It's not where I want to go with what I do. I just don't know any way to make that look GOOD. :lol:

Honestly, I don't think trashy would have been a problem for this client. I'd reshoot it becaue a) she's obviously willing and b) you can learn a lot while doing it.

If I had that model and that silver car, my first thought is to try shooting "day for night" (f/22, 50iso, 2-3 stops of nd filters... and use my strongest studio strobe as the sole light source). Probably with her crawling on the car falling out of her top, rather than draped across it. Alternatively, I might try the same approach to darken and moody the sky and clouds, shooting up at her and the car from a low perspective.

And for the shots you have, I don't think I'd bother doing much with them. I'd just give them to her and suggest that she caught you unprepared to shoot the car, but you'd like to try again.

Holy buckets I didn't even know you made her skinnier. :lmao:

"Holy buckets" is what I said when I saw this thread had gotten resurrected! :lmao:

I don't think I made her "skinnier" so much as I ... smoothed out her edges. But yeah. I did. :lol:

Thanks for the link. I'll check that out. :sillysmi:

As for the posing... ANYTHING I tried looked like that to me. I have ones of her draped over the hood... it just all looks like trash to me.

S'why I avoid "car models" that want to shoot with me. Unless I'm getting paid... I'm staying FAR far f**king away from that ****, cause I have ZERO use for this stuff in my portfolio. It's not where I want to go with what I do. I just don't know any way to make that look GOOD. :lol:

Honestly, I don't think trashy would have been a problem for this client. I'd reshoot it becaue a) she's obviously willing and b) you can learn a lot while doing it.

If I had that model and that silver car, my first thought is to try shooting "day for night" (f/22, 50iso, 2-3 stops of nd filters... and use my strongest studio strobe as the sole light source). Probably with her crawling on the car falling out of her top, rather than draped across it. Alternatively, I might try the same approach to darken and moody the sky and clouds, shooting up at her and the car from a low perspective.

And for the shots you have, I don't think I'd bother doing much with them. I'd just give them to her and suggest that she caught you unprepared to shoot the car, but you'd like to try again.

She may not have minded trashy, but I did. What I learned from this shoot (which was 5 months ago, by the way, haha), was that I need to talk more with my clients about what to expect from the shoots and my style of shooting. I learn something new with each shoot I do, and that was my big lesson of the day with this one! :lol:

The whole shoot didn't center around the car. There were a bunch of others done inside (there's a thread with an indoor shot floating around here somewhere... ). I gave the car shots to her as is, with the intention of never ever ever ever EVER letting them touch my portfolio, and going into it with the mindset that if she wasn't happy with them, I'd reshoot it. But I also knew going into it that I could have crapped on a plate and handed that over and she would have been thrilled. She was an easy client to please.

The reason I didn't want to reshoot them again was because I knew we had a lot more winners with the shots we did indoors. I didn't want to offer a total reshoot just for this *one* shot, when she had a million other options. And she was happy with this one... even if I wasn't, haha.

I would have loved to play with ND filters and things of that nature, but I don't own any of that, so the only way this would have worked is if we had been able to move the car or shoot at a different time of day. And we didn't have the keys, or I would have moved it to begin with and this thread wouldn't have ever needed to exist, :lmao:

The model looks like she just learned what sexy meant by reading it in the dictionary.

The model looks like she just learned what sexy meant by reading it in the dictionary.

I think it has a lot to do with where she's from... most of the gals in that area have a very... interesting... idea of what it means to be "sexy". :lmao:

That buckle on her belly is making it appear "puffed out" or such, or does she need to suck her belly in for the shot =)

That buckle on her belly is making it appear "puffed out" or such, or does she need to suck her belly in for the shot =)

Hey nothing wrong with a little gut. A good woman will keep you warm in the winter and give you shade in the summer.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back