How much do you really pay attention to movies

hobbes28

Incredible
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Website
www.fatephoto.com
Anyone here seen the Incredibles? If so, there is a scene in the beginning of the movie where a guy is going through some lady's purse that he just stole from the station robbery. When the screen pans up through her belongings, it goes past a Rollei camera. I noticed it the first five times we watched it but just showed it to Alison and paused the movie to make sure I wasn't that crazy. :D

Rollei , that's great
maybe you can find out Mamiya , Petax, Hassebled from somewhere else ^.^

There are lots of little touches like that. It makes the difference between a great film and cr*p.
I studied film and I've known a lot of people who worked in film (my ex-wife started as a 1st AD and became a Producer) so I've learned to look, and I know the sort of thinking that goes into it.
We used to do things like that in Advertising. We called them throw-aways - little in jokes that no-one else would probably pick up on.
The Incredibles has a lot of little touches going on in the background that really make it a great movie. But then, it's made by Pixar - founded and owned by Steve Jobs (the man who started Apple Computers!)

Little off the subject, but lately photography is popping up everywhere...I was watching Friends and Chandler made some comment about Ansel Adams, and then the same thing happened on an old Third Watch rerun....

also in "Euro-trip" the Leica M was all the rage.

Even farther off the subject...has anyone realized the French Stewart is one of the tough military troops in STARGATE the movie...the one with James SPader. I almost browned my diapie when i watched it again recently.

Jobs is da man!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back