How much is an old Minolta worth?

eminart

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I'm just curious. I need all the funds I can get to go toward a new digital SLR. I have an old Minolta x700 that I might part with. I know it isn't worth much, but every little bit would help.

Specs:
Minolta x700 -- good condition
Minolta MD 50mm 1:1.7 lens
Unknown brand (sears?) Zoom 80-200 lens
Sakar Auto 2X Teleconverter
Vivitar 530FD flash
Minolta autowinder
A dirty and worn Pro Action case and a couple of filters.

Everything seems to be in good shape except the autowinder doesn't make contact for some reason. I remember that it worked when I got the camera, but I stopped using it. Now it doesn't make contact. I can get it to work off the camera by pushing down on the contacts, but something isn't quite right with it.

So, would that be worth anything at all?

I am afraid to tell you, film cameras go for very little these days. The zoom, tele, and flash being third party does not help with the value much. Sorry, but it's just a fact of todays market. Even high end medium format equipment is going for a penny or two on the dollar.

check out their going rates on ebay. and on www.keh.com

you might also post this in the collector's corner

My X-370 in perfect condition is only goin for 25 bucks.

Yeah, I checked out ebay. I think if I did a good job with the listing I'd get $100-$150 for the whole shebang. I kind of hate to part with it, but if it will help me get a D80, I guess I can do it. I'm gonna need to sell a lot of other stuff too. :D

just out of curiosity, what other stuff do you have for it?

just out of curiosity, what other stuff do you have for it?

I have a couple of lenses, a teleconverter, a flash, autowinder (that I need to work on), filters, and a case. I think that's it.

It's worth as much as any other good paperweight or or bookend! No, just kidding... I think it depends on the demand for it. I recently sold my old Canon F1 with a FD 50mm and got a very good price for it (in the hundreds).
Follow the above advice - check ebay, KEH, craigslist, or maybe even a local camera show/swap meet.

It's worth as much as any other good paperweight or or bookend! No, just kidding... I think it depends on the demand for it. I recently sold my old Canon F1 with a FD 50mm and got a very good price for it (in the hundreds).
Follow the above advice - check ebay, KEH, craigslist, or maybe even a local camera show/swap meet.

Yeah, I posted it on ebay today. I put a modest reserve price on it, just so I don't end up giving it away. If it sells, great, if not, I'll still have it. No big deal. I like it anyway. :mrgreen:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back