How much model for a model release???

wxnut

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.dougraflikphotography.com
I want to print, for public display, a picture of a pair of eyes. Do I need a model release for this? this is the picture...

eyespic.jpg

Thanks,
Doug

Hi Doug,

I can't see the picture, but anyway you shouldn't need one. Model release forms are a comfort zone and are mainly used to make sure that a company using an image does not get sued. The only person at risk from being potentially sued here is you, so if you know the model it's definitely no problem.

Rob

Well there is where the problem comes in. This was someone that was just helping me out by letting me practice on them, and it was before I made everyone sign a form that I could use there pics for portfolio use, or other forms of public display. I really dont know this person well and do not know how to get back in touch with them.

Doug

wxnut said:
Well there is where the problem comes in. This was someone that was just helping me out by letting me practice on them, and it was before I made everyone sign a form that I could use there pics for portfolio use, or other forms of public display. I really dont know this person well and do not know how to get back in touch with them.
then you can get sued potentially, but I don't think it's very likely to happen.

Asses the situation yourself, I wouldn't publish it probably.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back