How much to charge for wedding photogrpahy?

japmula

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Hello!
So I'm doing this wedding in december and the couple is asking for a price. This is my first wedding, so no experience. I would do it for free if I could, but it's way too much work to photograph a wedding for the entire day to do for free, that much I know...=) My question is how much would be reasonable to ask for? And if anyone has ever done weddings, how much would you estimate the costs to be for film/developing?
Any advice would be excellent!
Thanks!

Our prices range from $700-2700. We have a list of packages and also offer custom ones. Really depends on how many pictures they want, number of hours you are covering and if you are including an album or if you just want the prints. We shoot all digital and get a pretty good rate for printing. Total cost without an album is probably a few hundred, depending on number of prints. Our biggest mistake was not factoring in how much time we spend editing images, etc.

Small suggestion I would make is to be sure you are capable, both experience and technology wise, to do a good job.
These weddings only happen once, no retakes, etc., so you can either be the hero or the villain in this situation.
No greater wrathe hath one than a Father of the Bride's scorn, etc.
Take heed, my friend! Been there, Done that. Luckily I survived to forward this warning. :oops:

If I were you I will take it as precious experience. I will tell them to get their own pro photographer and you will go parallel. If they like the photos you took, then they can buy it from you.

I wish someone invites me.

Most reactions

Back