How much would these fetch?

Discussion in 'Photographic Discussions' started by cal_gundert05, Dec 4, 2006.

1. cal_gundert05

cal_gundert05 TPF Noob!

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos NOT OK to edit
    I didn't want to post this in the Classifieds, because I really have nothing to sell (yet), and I figured this forum gets more views. :mrgreen:

Anyway, I've got a chance to buy some 35mm Nikon F4s and F5s (without lenses) for around $70 each ($50 + shipping). Now, I have no use for them, but was wondering if I could sell them.

So my question is, DO YOU THINK THERE'S STILL A DEMAND FOR THESE CAMERAS? DO YOU THINK A USED CAMERA STORE WOULD BE INTERESTED IN THESE, AND PAY MORE THAN WHATTHEY COST ME?

FYI, I can't inspect the cameras before buying them (they're out of state), but they're said to show signs of wear but be in working order without significant repair.

2. TBaraki

TBaraki TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    An F4/F5 for under a hundred bones? I'd be skeptical, to say the least.

3. cal_gundert05

cal_gundert05 TPF Noob!

Photos NOT OK to edit

Let's just say they have seen lots of use, but are still mechanically sound.

4. Michael Humle

Michael Humle TPF Noob!

I think your best bet is to put them on auction on eBay WITH a reserve amount. You might be surprised how high an auction can go.

5. cal_gundert05

cal_gundert05 TPF Noob!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    Actually, they're not mine. They were from a government auction site, and I just checked them again and realized that their condition is categorized as only having 3-6 months of shelf life left.

I just learned that the Canon 500mm lens that's going on auction next week is in even worse condition.

Nuts. :sad anim:

6. jwkwd

jwkwd TPF Noob!

I would cetainly be interested in the site that you have found these. I don't know why they would say that they have only 3-6 month shelf life left. If they are mechanically sound, they should last a bit longer than that, even if they are banged up pretty good. I would be skeptical as well, but what the heck, $70.00 and a good CLA, you might just have some decent stuff for little money.

7. cal_gundert05

cal_gundert05 TPF Noob!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    OK, the site is http://govliquidation.com

They've got surplus stuff at military bases all over the country, but you can arrange for shipping if you don't live nearby.

I recently found http://publicsurplus.com which sells stuff from all sorts of schools and state agencies in the US.