How much would you charge?

Gnat5680

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.digitalnoirfilms.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Ok, so, to avoid the same problem I see on other sites, I am just going to throw this into one big survey for everyone to answer...

How much would you charge for:

Weddings(Only the wedding day):
Product shoot for company(Studio):
Product shoot for company(On loaction):
Portrait work (Studio):
Portrait work (On location):
Special Event(Describe event):
General Per-hour rate:

-Prints (Framed and delivered)

8x10:
20x24:
24x36:

-Photos (If someone wants to buy a photo that you have done. eg. Nature, Architecture, Night, Etc.)
One Photo:
Multiple Photos:

Thanks! I would love to see some feed back!

Welcome!!!!!!!!!!

You are barking up the wrong tree man. Only you can figure out what to charge and more importantly how to bid a job.

Sit down and come up with a business plan and figure out how much it costs you to shoot a wedding, product shoot, etc. Arguably; looking to other photographers for prices will not help your business.

Love & Bass

your fees depend a lot on your experience and equipment.
try to get an idea of what other photographers charge, that will help you to determine your price.

your fees depend a lot on your experience and equipment.
try to get an idea of what other photographers charge, that will help you to determine your price.

Agreed, so long as you're checking out photogs in your area (or similar areas) because your location can/will have an effect on rates.

What do I charge? Or what you should charge?
What is your location? How experienced are you?

For instance, in weddings only, IN MY AREA, a shoot only may be between $200 and $20,000. (We have a lot of Rock Stars in my area).

The pricing doesn't depend on a national market, or even a regional one. It depends on you. What can you command and still stay in business? How good are you at any of these areas? Are you Anne Lebowitz good or Joe with a Camera good?

Ok, so, to avoid the same problem I see on other sites, I am just going to throw this into one big survey for everyone to answer...

How much would you charge for:

Weddings(Only the wedding day): $6000 1 shooter, 10 hours, 400 online, watermarked, lo-res proofs . Additional hours at $900 per hour.
Product shoot for company(Studio): Creative fee + use licensing
Product shoot for company(On loaction): Creative fee + Expenses + use licensing
Portrait work (Studio): $450 1/hr sitting fee
Portrait work (On location): $450 1/hr sitting fee. Includes travel time from studio/set-up/tear-down.
Special Event(Describe event): See Wedding or per hour rate
General Per-hour rate: $450 per hour

-Prints (Framed and delivered) Varies by size/mat size/mat material/frame. Free delivery

8x10: Varies by mat size/mat materials/frame
20x24: Varies by mat size/mat materials/frame
24x36: Varies by mat size/mat materials/frame

-Photos (If someone wants to buy a photo that you have done. eg. Nature, Architecture, Night, Etc.) Copyright ownership transfer starts at $10,000 per image. Print pricing varies by size and subject.
One Photo: Varies by size/subject
Multiple Photos: Varies by quantity ordered

Thanks! I would love to see some feed back!
Sure, you're welcome!

Most reactions

Back