How not to unload a truck

........keep in mind I am on stroke from working in warehouse.......

CalvinBlink2.gif
what?

Stroke?
yeah i dropped at work with a stroke in a warehouse about eight months ago. tried to keep going but had trouble walking and everything kept spinning vision wise, dizzy, couldn't walk, fell down. Ringing in ears. They called the ambulance i refused to go, hard headed i am, told them to f-off and lit a cigarette with the hand i had that still could move. LOL Stubborn right to the end ya know. i put in lots of hours. Mri came back with cerebellum stroke and now they are saying frontal lobe too. Had a couple tia's since then that knocked me on my azz ended back in emergency but whatever. All good i'll get over it getting stronger, and they still have me on the books are covering all my medical. check on me. no biggie. i actually kind of want to go back if i could find a doc that would release me my wife wants me early retired though. So i did photography before but now that is pretty much all i do. sometimes i am a little dizzy and on bad days kind of drag around with a headache and limp but i am still kicking and have been walking again since right after it happened. spacial gets kind of messed up, how i look at things everything is "off". Attention span sucks. Still smart as a whip in some ways i just seem to have a really horrible memory now they say my spacial and visual memory is shot. Just cant get a neurologist to release me to work again they want me done too it seems although i them off in spades it seems i just get more tests, and more tests.
Take five meds a day. Damn quacks..
so yeah, photography is pretty much all i do now low stress and seems to be all they let me do. They actually encourage photography they want me doing a little something but not much. i really got to get on the ball here though if i don't get it together soon they are never going to clear me. My attitude in general is just really chitty though. LMAO

I'm hoping "strike". :)

Always be extra vigilant when carrying armament.
hell no. that is even worse. i been on strike before years ago and they wanted me to walk around holding a stupid sign.

umm. yeah.
a. he had the forks all the way in on a short pallet
b. he was't paying attention to where the end of the plate wasin accordance wih the jack wheels causing the wheels to go off the edge.
c. he had the jack too high, just enough to get it off the floor is safest (you can see that short pallet wobbling)
d. for some reason unknown to me, he didn't understand the weight of the product and somehow thought he could hang on to it and keep it from going over. NOT a smart choice. He should have just let go of the handles and watched it fall.
e. doing it to start with was a mistake. Looking at the facility that is a dockheight trailer he is loading it into. so he is pulling it from a truck in the building, and putting it on a truck which is backed up to a loading dock out side of the building. would have made more sense to back up this truck to the dock and not used the plate, unload from that dock height loading door into this dock height loading door, so he stayed on level ground all the time.Up and down this plate with cargo is less safe but mostly a lot less efficient as you are waiting for it to go up and down. You have a dock height truck do yourself and the company a favor and put it in a dockheight door for a easy roll off.

whatever supervisor told him to do this, should be fired. He should to for stupidity and unsafe work practice. Imagine if someone was standing just off this gate and this landed on them. so inefficient, poor training, poor directions from someone supervising this, and just down right unsafe practice.
While all that is true ... all the knucklehead had to do was Let Go of the Handle ...

Oh, come on. It was such a gripping tale, he wanted to know how it would finish!

Oh, come on. It was such a gripping tale, he wanted to know how it would finish!
I hope he isn't the smartest one in his family. All else I can say about that.

It's pure luck we've survived as a species lol!!

Well, the male species anyway
And none of these started with the famous words, " hey, watch this" or "hold my beer for a minute, I'll be right back"..

Ok, ok, I am kidding, YOU Forum guys are AOK.
Nancy

It's pure luck we've survived as a species lol!!

Well, the male species anyway
And none of these started with the famous words, " hey, watch this" or "hold my beer for a minute, I'll be right back"..

Ok, ok, I am kidding, YOU Forum guys are AOK.
Nancy

Nancy, that's true. At 16-24 the male animal is invincible and immortal. I'm guilty of this as well. At about 19 I was speeding down Jay Peak (route 105, if I remember) on my 10-speed, in top gear, going about 60 mph, and passing cars with saner occupants. Tire blow-out, or crack in the road, or some sand, or any number of other possible occurrences, and I would have been a red streak on the pavement 300 yards long. Same year, swam about 6 miles across a boat channel without a spotter. Never told my parents until many years later. Why? Because I could. Fortunately, I started giving risk much more respect as I grew older. But luck played a part.

Lol, I remember jumping off garage roofs for fun when I was younger as do most of my mates. Sometimes I think back and ask them if the would do it now we are mid 30's. No chance is the usual reply.

Wow! I didn't think it would through him that far!!!

I never take a chance with equipment, my grandpa was killed in an accident, and my dad was nearly killed in another accident. So I never fully trust a machine or a operator!

Lol, I remember jumping off garage roofs for fun when I was younger as do most of my mates. Sometimes I think back and ask them if the would do it now we are mid 30's. No chance is the usual reply.
We used a bed sheet for parachute! Learned not enough altitude for sheet to open LOL!!!

I saw the same principle, teaching friends to water ski many many moons ago. It must be a lapse in judgement is all I can think of............ being dragged over the water for 100 yards before letting go of the damn rope!!

I remember them days . one friend jumps, another jumps, I jump, another jumps. And we always had the same kid still left on the roof afraid to jump. so of course you give them crap "stop being a girl and jump. what are you a sissy?"

turned out that kid was the smartest one of us all.

Most reactions

Back