How often do you photoshop?

rodman

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
I was just wondering how often you photoshop your pictures?

Do most of you photoshop all your photos?

Just about every one of my (keeper) photos gets run through Photoshop. I consider it part of the 'development' process.

Same as Mike: each and every photo of mine that you'll ever see published (that means: presented in the www, which is a way of publishing photos, too) will have gone its path through Photoshop. And if only for a mild correction of the levels and a soft USM. But they ALL go that path. All of them.

That depends on what you mean by photoshopping. All my images go through Aperture as the raw converter and I make all adjustments there. It's very rare that I use GIMP or PS Elements even though I have them.

I would imagine the majority of people here will use some kind of graphics manipulation program to get the desired result.

IMHO if you using software to replace skies, buildings etc, or add other elements to the photograph then your photoshopping. If, on the other hand, your using a program to adjust tonal values, black and white conversions, or generally enhancing a photograph without altering significant content or detail then your "developing" your photograph.

Got it!

For some reason I was under the impression all these amazing pictures I see are RAW right out of the camera!

I was saying to myself how can I get pictures to come out like that?

The whole point of shooting in RAW is that you get an image file that is...well, raw. And it needs to be 'cooked'.

Shooting JPEG lets the camera apply some of it's own processing, while this can make the images look more finished, right out of the camera, many of us prefer to have more control over our images...so we use RAW and do the processing ourselves.

Every single image I want to keep and "publish" somewhere and even some that I don't reject until halfway through the PP process.

Me, too. They all get touched up. I just consider that part of the hobby. It's art: I'm presenting an image to the viewer. Period.

Now there may be some out there that feel it's "cheating" or that you should only show "what you shoot", and that's okay too. If that's how others like to do it, no worries.

All of my photos also go through a bit of photo shop, tweaking a bit to an entire overhaul! All depends on what's needed.

Got it!

For some reason I was under the impression all these amazing pictures I see are RAW right out of the camera!

I was saying to myself how can I get pictures to come out like that?

haha man you should check my posting...Had the same question as you did...

I'm pretty sure the OP was referring to the colloquial verb 'photoshop' rather than using the actual program photoshop. ('gimping' and 'to gimp' was a distant second but ultimately lost out by a number of years. Which is unfortunately because when most people call a photo 'shopped, chances are, it's been gimped.)

I process every single photo I create. Unprocessed photos tend to be dull. They almost always look like opaque sheets and strips of plastic, or data files full of numbers.

People who claim their photos aren't processed don't understand how photographs are created.

I touch (Photoshop Element) everything I want to print.

Besides cropping, there is always something for me to tweak to "improve" print.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back