How often do you use the rear LCD screen?

The D5000 screen is great with live view when setup shots that are low down or is on a tripod! So sometimes but not often.

I use live view on my 700 all the time. It's great for night photography since it's usually too damn dark to see through the viewfinder.

So what i'll do is pop up the Lv, if there's enough light for the sensor to pick something up, i'll let it contrast detect AF, if not, i'll just manually focus on something. Works great :)

I have mine set on a two second display after each shot, other than that I only need it when I need to access the menu. Anything else life changing shooting settings life iso, shutter speed, and aperture I use the Numeric LCD on the top of the camera.
Wes

the only time i use live view is to use the video mode, otherwise i couldnt care less about it

I'm amused by the many people who shun live view mode as a 'p&s only feature' that is clearly below the level of a DSLR user. It's a useful tool and there are a number of situations where it makes taking a certain shot possible, or just easier. Manual focusing is the big one for me, but also odd angles, night shots, candids, etc.
Shooting the moon I found it hugely beneficial to be able to zoom in with live view and manual focus with the utmost precision. You can also set the live view mode to show the actual exposure you will get which can take a bit of the guesswork out at times.

Yeah i never use mine because most of the modes dont support it...
im such a noob :p

i mostly use the viewfinder, but when situations call for it, i use the fully articulating screen on the d5000.

so noone uses histograms?

I only use the rear LCD ( my camera doesn't have a top LCD ) for a quick view of a pic I took, to check the histogram and see if I need to compensate exposure. I actually took a hike today in mid day sun and used the histogram alot. The cameras metering was giving me an exposure that left the sky blinking/clipping. So I was underexposing slightly. Thats pretty much it. I have tried it with Macro shooting which is somewhat useful if its not a really low shot, since mine doesn't articulate.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back