How often does Tamron offer rebates? Tamron 70-300 vc usd

JustJazzie

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Ive been itching for a while now to fill the long end of my lens lineup for nikon, but the coveted 70-200 f 4 or 4.8 is a ways off for now....

I have lightly been looking into settling for the nikon 70-300 or the Tamron 70-300, since something is better than nothing. I saw today that Tamron is offering a $100 MIR on their copy, which is really tempting me to place an unplanned order. I am trying to figure out if I should find a way to make it happen, or if its an offer I can pass up on until another sale runs.

I'd also appreciate any feedback from those who have the lens.

Thanks,
Jazzie

Tamron offers rebate for the 70-300mm VC lens once in awhile. I do not know how often, but it seems like at least once a year. (could be more than once a year)

I have had a canon version and a nikon version. For the money its a fine lens, but I used it on a crop sensor so not sure how it holds up on a ff which I think you'll be using it on.

I had the nikon VRII version and sold it after I got the 70-200 f/2.8
Of the lenses ive sold over the years, 300 f/4, 180 f/2.8... the 70-300 VRII is the one i really wish i had kept.
it was a really versatile lens and the VR on it was great.
if the Tamron version performs as well, I would say to jump on it.

Tamron offers rebate for the 70-300mm VC lens once in awhile. I do not know how often, but it seems like at least once a year. (could be more than once a year)
Thanks! Once a year isn't all that often, is it?
I have had a canon version and a nikon version. For the money its a fine lens, but I used it on a crop sensor so not sure how it holds up on a ff which I think you'll be using it on.
Yes, I do have a FF but the sensor is only 16 mpx, so I know it's not quite as demanding as some other cameras.
I had the nikon VRII version and sold it after I got the 70-200 f/2.8
Of the lenses ive sold over the years, 300 f/4, 180 f/2.8... the 70-300 VRII is the one i really wish i had kept.
it was a really versatile lens and the VR on it was great.
if the Tamron version performs as well, I would say to jump on it.
reviewers say Nikon and tamron are neck and neck for these too. Supposedly Nikon is slightly sharper (though some claim opposite) and Matt Granger (that Nikon guy) claims that the VC is actually BETTER than on his nikon 70-200 2.8. *shrug*

I have the 70-300mm and for what it is, it's pretty great. I've taken pictures of the moon and animals with it and had good results.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back