How old can a little kid shoot a DSLR?

I sat on the floor with my year old grandson and he moved my 1Dx around with the 17-24 and pushed the button, the images are sharp and if I cropped them up, people would be hard pressed to know that they were shot by I year old. He has business cards now and will be launching a new web site where he just shoots adults, not interested in maternity or babies, there are enough amateurs doing that.

I've got a 4 year old nephew that just graduated from the Google institute of internet law if he needs any legal advice.
Would you ask him if he would help my 4 year old niece? She just graduated from the Mayo Medical School specializing in Thoracic Surgery. She could use a good lawyer to help her start her own Surgical Practice.

I sat on the floor with my year old grandson and he moved my 1Dx around with the 17-24 and pushed the button, the images are sharp and if I cropped them up, people would be hard pressed to know that they were shot by I year old. He has business cards now and will be launching a new web site where he just shoots adults, not interested in maternity or babies, there are enough amateurs doing that.

I've got a 4 year old nephew that just graduated from the Google institute of internet law if he needs any legal advice.
Would you ask him if he would help my 4 year old niece? She just graduated from the Mayo Medical School specializing in Thoracic Surgery. She could use a good lawyer to help her start her own Surgical Practice.
Love too but turns out the little bugger figured out how to file a restraining order. Damn you google

Sent from my N9518 using Tapatalk

Here is Tiger Woods at 2 years old perfect age to start because he is walking and pretty sure know longer needs a boba or a breast feeding.

Despite voices to the contrary on this thread, there is no defined age. It depends on the child. I would start with something simple first for sure.

What the hell age don't matter right,I seen a 2 month old skeet shooting clays just the other day,he had one hell of a load.By the Kid a D810 will ya.

What the hell age don't matter right,I seen a 2 month old skeet shooting clays just the other day,he had one hell of a load.By the Kid a D810 will ya.

bs-meter.gif

All jokes aside-- it really depends on the kid. There is a 3year old on Instagram who's father is a NatGeo photog-- the 3 year old is producing some interesting images.
My 5 year old uses my old bridge camera and out of hundreds of photos, he has 2 keepers... So not far from the national average, lol.
But full manual-- my kid might be ready for that around age 8. Every kid is different.

I've worked with kids and even going on 3 yrs. getting ready to start preschool they could push a button on a disposable/toy camera. Of course now it would probably need to be a phone (or a toy phone) for them to know that's how you take a picture.

But yeah, Amanda's right it's probably middle elementary grades before a kid would be really using a camera, and it would depend on the child being interested in it (or maybe for awhile, then their interest may go on to something else).

You guys actually believe I will buy a Rebel camera for my two months old. HaHaHa...:biglaugh::biglaugh::biglaugh::biglaugh::biglaugh:!!!
We dont know you personally, so its perfectly possible you are nuts (and thus serious with this request).

You guys actually believe I will buy a Rebel camera for my two months old. HaHaHa...:biglaugh::biglaugh::biglaugh::biglaugh::biglaugh:!!!
We dont know you personally, so its perfectly possible you are nuts (and thus serious with this request).

Oh sorry, I'm always nuts eversince I joined this forum. Many who have responsed to this thread are already have known that.

A good uncle would get this for his nephew and call it a day.

Does Fisher Price make anything like that?

I'm thinking about giving my 2 month old nephew a rebel camera. Is that too young?

I wonder how many Americans give repeating rifles to a Toddlers.

You can get kids cameras that look like a DSLR

My grandson at around 5...
A few minutes with the D200 and 70-300mm and he was ready to go back to the Sony SDC-V1 (both cameras are the same vintage). The DSLR is just not made for kid size hands, but knowing how to operate it if someone gives instructions is within grasp of an elementary school student.
20141001IMG_0773_Davy.jpg
20141001IMG_0805_Davy.jpg
20150205IMG_1726_Davy.jpg

Most reactions

New Topics

Back