How the hell do they do this?

Here's my photo with a similar post process, under slightly harsh lighting but you get the idea. I shoot both film and digital so I try edit my colors to make it closer to film, using film scans as a reference. Lighting and WB are the two most important thing. You have to get the WB close to what you want to get the consistent colors. I wish the colors come out just like this from my camera LOL

D8C_1235.jpg

I wish the colors come out just like this from my camera
I hope the OP is starting to understand this from all of the comments, haha.

I use a selective color adjustment layer in photoshop in order to tweak the different colors in my photos. It's an easy process to learn and there is a lot you can do in order to tweak the colors and mood of a photo with just that one adjustment layer.

Last edited:
Do some research on colour grading. I'd hate photos to come out all vividly coloured and punchy out of the camera. It means clipping is more likely to occur.

But there is something I can't figure out. Sometimes I see photos of people, shot with either Canon of Nikkon with beautiful colors. Mainly the whites and the greens are very nice. I think it's just some kind of photoshop trick, but I can't find it out.

I'll post some of the photos which have this colorscheme I'm talking about and I hope someone can tell me the secret!
From the picture posted, I sadly dont have the faintest idea what you're talking about.

FYI, when I checked the EXIF I got that it was shot at f/1.4
and probably in an Auto Focusing mode, so the camera focused on the horse and only got a shallow DOF

Artist: Laurie Karine
Camera: Nikon D90
Lens: 30 mm f/1.4
Shot at 30 mm (35mm film equiv: 45mm) (shot wide open)
Exposure: Manual exposure, 1/125 sec, f/1.4, ISO 400
Lens ID Sigma 30mm F1.4 EX DC HSM

Most reactions

New Topics

Back