How to achieve editing like this?

Lmphotos

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.lauramaephotos.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
why do you say LR only? Even LR can have plugins like NIK and VSCO.

I try to stay out of photoshop as much as possible these days. Light room is better for my workflow

Lightroom presets can be very powerful, and there are some VERY talented preset writers out there. It's pretty amazing what can be done when one is manipulating a 12- or 14-bit RAW file off a good sensor on a powerful,modern computer. Here's one example of a web site that offers presets (as well as other products and hardware) designed by one of America's best wedding photographers, Kevin Kubota. Lightroom Presets, RAW Workflow, SpeedKeys and More | Kubota Image Tools Store

In that particular picture in your link, I don't see any special type of editing. I just see a sharp, well-lit photo.

I'm not setting a specific style of editing. Seems like black's are bumped up, added contrast, clarity, and lightly desaturated in some. Maybe if you point out what exactly you find appealing about their photos it would help.

To me the blacks are dark but the overall feel is very bright, there is vibrance to my eye but the skin tones still look natural.

good studio lighting, good studio work. I don't see anything unusual in the edit.

Well there's certainly something instagramy and/or fauxtographic going on in the second linked photo. Apart from the standard wedding-dress-blown-highlights there are strange color stains and weird stuff happening all over the poor guy's suit. There's a big cyan stain right at his mid section reaching up to the bottom of his tie and some traces of the same in his hair. His pants are all covered with some kind of grunge that reaches up and splashes on his left coat pocket. His right pant leg is all blotchy and bizarre looking. I'm smellin' a canned PS action guaranteed to turn any common photograph into a fauxtograph!

As for the first linked photo the glowing fluorescent white shirt and tie with the purple highlights is preventing my iris from closing down enough to really see very well -- wait a minute, the skin tones look good but then did she really die her hair purple for her wedding portrait!? Or is that another special effect? Oh, wait a minute, I'll bet that's just purple highlights in her hair from his fluorescent shirt and tie. Love the blue tux too by the way.

Joe

Well there's certainly something instagramy and/or fauxtographic going on in the second linked photo. Apart from the standard wedding-dress-blown-highlights there are strange color stains and weird stuff happening all over the poor guy's suit. There's a big cyan stain right at his mid section reaching up to the bottom of his tie and some traces of the same in his hair. His pants are all covered with some kind of grunge that reaches up and splashes on his left coat pocket. His right pant leg is all blotchy and bizarre looking. I'm smellin' a canned PS action guaranteed to turn any common photograph into a fauxtograph!

As for the first linked photo the glowing fluorescent white shirt and tie with the purple highlights is preventing my iris from closing down enough to really see very well -- wait a minute, the skin tones look good but then did she really die her hair purple for her wedding portrait!? Or is that another special effect? Oh, wait a minute, I'll bet that's just purple highlights in her hair from his fluorescent shirt and tie. Love the blue tux too by the way.

Joe

Help only please...Dont care for your critique on the editing style

I see nothing special in regards to editing. Literally just bringing down the blacks, pushing up the whites/highlights, add some contrast and clarity. Maybe some brush work here and there.

Why do all new photographers think you have to process the hell out of a shot to make it look good, take a look at Damien Lovegrove most shots now he only uses a Fuji X1 pro

Most reactions

Back