How to advertise to the world that you're just a NEWB photographer...

Name your business with one of the following words (combine multiple for extra points!):

Precious
Frozen
Time
Captured
Focus
Moments
Memories
Snaps
Shots
Frame
Forever

I cannot tell you much names containing those words eat at me like nails on a chalkboard.

I see those names, and I think to myself, "This person is NOT gonna be any good." And then I visit their website/portfolio/facebook page, and 9.99 times out of 10 I'm right.

I think only ONCE did I assume that and they actually kicked a$$. Everyone else was incredibly mediocre to ... just plain terrible. :lol:

**Awaits the on-slaught of very upset people who have named their businesses as such.**

[DISCLAIMER: For the record, this was sparked by something I saw on Facebook. Not here. I have no idea if any of you are running around with names like this.]

Geez, the last time I had a post like this I was threatened with a ban and the post removed by an over sensitive admin. So as I didn't start this. I find all the cute little names are just as you said, a recipe for creating crap, you left out:

"Unemployed mommy needs work photography" the bio would read, maternity, babies, cats, dogs, weddings, sports, birds, landscape, special events, and does anyone have the owners manual for camera, I haven't been able to figure out why the "M" for magnificent photos is working, the "P" for perfect is broken as well.

the bio must have the word "passion", "let me capture your special moments .... Oops ... Precious"

So you wouldn't like to buy this (fake) website:

www.apreciousmomentintimefrozenforever.com

;)

Actually... that might not be a bad idea. SOMEONE is going to want it eventually, and I want to be the one to sell it to the poor schmuck for $1000. :lol:

I am changing my website name

It used to be Lew Lorton Photography - clearly not catchy.

Now it will be

Lew Lorton's moments, captured in focus and frozen in time and in the frame forever for your memories, not just precious snaps but shots you want to keep forever.

kinda has a ring to it.
my business cards will have to be longer.

I'll give you a moo.com referral link. :sexywink:

the bio must have the word "passion", "let me capture your special moments .... Oops ... Precious"

Ugh. Bios. Ugh.

<------------ Guilty :blushing: However, I don't consider my self a newb anymore..I like to think I've moved up the ladder a bit in three years and I'm not in business.. I just use my website to put share my work. :mrgreen:

Name your business with one of the following words (combine multiple for extra points!):

Precious
Frozen
Time
Captured
Focus
Moments
Memories
Snaps
Shots
Frame
Forever

I cannot tell you much names containing those words eat at me like nails on a chalkboard.

I see those names, and I think to myself, "This person is NOT gonna be any good." And then I visit their website/portfolio/facebook page, and 9.99 times out of 10 I'm right.

I think only ONCE did I assume that and they actually kicked a$$. Everyone else was incredibly mediocre to ... just plain terrible. :lol:

**Awaits the on-slaught of very upset people who have named their businesses as such.**

[DISCLAIMER: For the record, this was sparked by something I saw on Facebook. Not here. I have no idea if any of you are running around with names like this.]

Need snaps of your precious memories? Call us here at Doing Time photography. Forget those cheapo ads on craigslist, if you want a real bargain hire on of our convicted criminals on work furlough instead.

No one understands how to capture moments if they've never been captured themselves, and who better to frame those unforgettable memories than someone who's knows what it's like to be framed?

So for your next event call Doing Time photography. Quality pictures for less than you pay for a license plate.

Lew's going to need to have his business card made up as a sandwich board to wear walking down the street. Now that'd be a precious sight worthy of a selfie to go viral.

Need snaps of your precious memories? Call us here at Doing Time photography. Forget those cheapo ads on craigslist, if you want a real bargain hire on of our convicted criminals on work furlough instead. No one understands how to capture moments if they've never been captured themselves, and who better to frame those unforgettable memories than someone who's knows what it's like to be framed? So for your next event call Doing Time photography. Quality pictures for less than you pay for a license plate.

I would hire that photographer.

In a heartbeat.

Sent from my iPhone using PhotoForum

Precious
Frozen
Time
Captured
Focus
Moments
Memories
Snaps
Shots
Frame
Forever

Need snaps of your precious memories? Call us here at Doing Time photography. Forget those cheapo ads on craigslist, if you want a real bargain hire on of our convicted criminals on work furlough instead.

No one understands how to capture moments if they've never been captured themselves, and who better to frame those unforgettable memories than someone who's knows what it's like to be framed?

So for your next event call Doing Time photography. Quality pictures for less than you pay for a license plate.
Note to self: Don't read any posts by Robbins when drinking coffee.

Need snaps of your precious memories? Call us here at Doing Time photography. Forget those cheapo ads on craigslist, if you want a real bargain hire on of our convicted criminals on work furlough instead. No one understands how to capture moments if they've never been captured themselves, and who better to frame those unforgettable memories than someone who's knows what it's like to be framed? So for your next event call Doing Time photography. Quality pictures for less than you pay for a license plate.

I would hire that photographer.

In a heartbeat.

Sent from my iPhone using PhotoForum
Whew. Good. I thought after working in all those buzzwords it might sound a bit too "cutesy"

Lol

Glass houses. Stones.

Maturity. Professionalism.

Are you an aspiring professional, or a whining bottom feeder? You get to choose.

Don't forget to have an "Investment" page. Because let's face it, people don't want to book a session, purchase your services, or schedule a shoot, they came to your precious website to make an investment in their timeless memories.

Glass houses. Stones.

Never used any of those words in a business name. Also if my business name sucks... then you're gonna have to blame my mother and my husband for that one. :lol: :lmao:

Maturity.
What's that?

Professionalism.

Professionalism was not posting the exact name that sparked this thought and their URL to go with it. I'm allowed to have thoughts and opinions as a professional.

Are you an aspiring professional, or a whining bottom feeder? You get to choose.

I'm not an aspiring professional. I *am*. :greenpbl: :sexywink:

Don't forget to have an "Investment" page. Because let's face it, people don't want to book a session, purchase your services, or schedule a shoot, they came to your precious website to make an investment in their timeless memories.

Hahahahaha yes. The INVESTMENT page. :lmao:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back