How to carry cameras while biking

lvcrtrs

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Well, UHAUL put the hitch on the car and the bike rack came yesterday. I was wondering what the best way to carry my camera was. I have the bag that sits on the rack over the back tire but anything in there gets bounced around. I thought about putting a thick hunk of foam on the bottom of the bag but dont' want to do anything to hurt the camera. Any ideas?

there's a system called cotton carrier camera system

It seems to be pretty effective, though I'm pretty sure I would rather have a neck strap on it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Not a bad set-up for $120

I was really expecting something gimicky, but after watching that video and thinking about your day to day use of a camera, that is a pretty good product. Especially when you have 2 bodies to handle, have them bashing into each other. I like it.

Do you mean to carry all your gear or to take pics while riding? I sometimes ride with my camera, with one lens, strapped across my chest like a messenger bag. (have done it with d200, FE, canonet, and yashica electro) If you just want to carry your stuff to your destination, i'd just use a backpack.

Ride AND take pictures. Now that's talent! I'll work on standing still first :lmao:. I think a back pack it is. Although that cotton system is pretty cool. I just kept counting his frames per second in the video.

Ride AND take pictures. Now that's talent! I'll work on standing still first :lmao:. I think a back pack it is. Although that cotton system is pretty cool. I just kept counting his frames per second in the video.

It's not that hard really, wide angle lens, aim the camera, press the shutter with your thumb. If your aperture's set pretty small (f/16 for example) you don't have to worry quite as much about focusing. Most pics will probably be crooked, but that's fixable if you want to. It's fun.

and of course, when you stop you can actually look through the camera

Well, UHAUL put the hitch on the car and the bike rack came yesterday. I was wondering what the best way to carry my camera was. I have the bag that sits on the rack over the back tire but anything in there gets bounced around. I thought about putting a thick hunk of foam on the bottom of the bag but dont' want to do anything to hurt the camera. Any ideas?

I know I have carried my Rebel K2 in just a small backpack and gone biking with it on my BMX and the sensor fell out of the body while riding. Must have been riding too hard. The backpack was small and like super compact.

Most reactions

Back