How to change the artist name on my camera?

Status
Not open for further replies.
i think it is one of the choices on LR3 import. You can import something without any exif data if you want.

The Canon EOS utility, which supposedly can connect to all the Canon digital cameras through the USB port, has an option on the main page "Camera setting/Remote Shooting". When you press that menu, then the window changes to another display with "My Camera", "Setup" and "My Menu" options on a ribbon bar at the center of the window. Choosing "Setup" takes to a menu where you can change the Owner's name, Author, Copyright, Date/Time, etc. Changes here are written back to the camera. At least on mine.

Ok, I found a guy who's EXIF data looks like this...

Photographer: Mark Gregory
Copyright: Copyright © 2010 Mark Gregory

The bold part is what I am interested in doing. The image comment simply gives me this...

Flash Fired: Yes (Auto, return light detected)
Color Space: sRGB
Comment: ERIC

I cannot create a category like he has in his exif. Is there a way to do that?
  • Turn on your D90.
  • Push the Menu button
  • On the left highlight the 'Wrench'. That's the Set-Up Menu
  • Scroll down till you see "Image Comment"
  • Enter the Image Comment menu screen
  • Select "Input Comment"
  • Compose your image comment "(C) 2010 Eric Holmes Photography"
  • Once composed push OK
  • Select "Attach" and verify there is a check mark in the box.
The D90 doesn't have as much space for a comment as the D3S has.

You can also add it to the IPTC fields when you upload images, using either Nikon Transfer, Lightroom, or Bridge.

in Nikon go to manu > setting > copy right information. ( i apply this on my Nikon D7000)
and there you can change author name and also can add copy right.

This is simple in the Nikon; it's in the menus.

here's mine:
Artist - Braineack
Copyright - (c) all rights reserved

Do you really have to use software to change this on a Canon?

This is simple in the Nikon; it's in the menus.
here's mine:
Artist - Braineack
Copyright - (c) all rights reserved

Do you really have to use software to change this on a Canon?

No you do not need to use the EOS utility or pc software to edit copyright and owner info on canon bodies it can be changed from within the menus. And is very simple to do.

Well being a canon user i will say it would be neat if i could add fields to my exif data.

But i made a post awhile back with how much stuff canon put in there exif and it was freaky long, My canon 1DX had almost 500 lines if exif data per image.

aw, fail. this always happens when new members join...

aw, fail. this always happens when new members join...

Sometimes its new members who used search to find questions or answers and didn't check hte last post date - other times spambots bring things up and new people post before a mod can kill the spambot.

Anyways old thread needs to rest now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back