How to create stunning digital portraits with out spending alot of time in "PhotoShop"

What do you think of this?

• Great?

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Not Great?

Votes: 7 100.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

donny1963

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
How to create stunning digital portraits with out spending alot of time in "Photoshop"

Well it's not that difficult, just the right software and you can enhance portraits that would take tons of time in Photoshop, in only a few minutes or less.
Did I catch your attention yet?

Want to learn how to enhance portraits in a fraction of the time?
Not only take portraits of female models with out having to pay for a make-up artist and apply the make up in the software as it would be done in real life on the model.
take a look at these images and let me know if your interested in this little secret. Some of you may know about it, probably most of you do not. as I said let me know if you want to find out how this is done so easy.

Donny

Attachments

• before&after62.jpg
    before&after62.jpg
    805.9 KB · Views: 417
  • before&after5.jpg
    before&after5.jpg
    278.3 KB · Views: 368
Last edited:
To be frank, your 'secret' looks like a very heavy-handed application of something like "Portrait Pro" in auto....

I'm sorry but that after shot is truly horrible. There is absolutely no texture left to her skin. I would hope that if you were doing a portrait of someone, you would start with a properly lit and composed photo and not end up with doing so much editing that it looks unnatural.

How to create stunning digital portraits with out spending alot of time in "Photoshop"

Well it's not that difficult, just the right software and you can enhance portraits that would take tons of time in Photoshop, in only a few minutes or less.
Did I catch your attention yet?

Want to learn how to enhance portraits in a fraction of the time?
Not only take portraits of female models with out having to pay for a make-up artist and apply the make up in the software as it would be done in real life on the model.
take a look at these images and let me know if your interested in this little secret. Some of you may know about it, probably most of you do not. as I said let me know if you want to find out how this is done so easy.

Donny
which one you talking about??

I'm sorry but that after shot is truly horrible. There is absolutely no texture left to her skin. I would hope that if you were doing a portrait of someone, you would start with a properly lit and composed photo and not end up with doing so much editing that it looks unnatural.

it was properly lit and composed, the exposure was perfect, the face wasn't because there was no make-up..
I don't believe that looks so bad at all, the software the first picture of the blonde was done digital touch-up, and then another day we did a portrait of her after real make-up was applied and the results was the same, so I don't get how that loks un natural..

Last edited:
To be frank, your 'secret' looks like a very heavy-handed application of something like "Portrait Pro" in auto....
actually it's not so hard, we did real make up on the same girl to compare, and it looks very good..

here is another one, I believe it looks very natural..
lauren1.jpg

You can believe it all you want, but it will still look to the rest of us like heavy-handed editing that makes her look unnatural.

You can believe it all you want, but it will still look to the rest of us like like heavy-handed editing that makes her look unnatural.
Agree. You're the photographer, and they're you're images, so if you're happy, that's what counts. BUT... I would NEVER consider handing images like these to my clients.

You can believe it all you want, but it will still look to the rest of us like heavy-handed editing that makes her look unnatural.
really your speaking for every one? you believe your every one shares your opinion? first off that last picture was not edited, it was done with a professional make-up artist no editing, so if it still looks like that to you maybe your opinion is just "Your opinion and nothing more..
see I know what I see, and yes I posted that last image to see if you would stick with a neg statement..
so where are you seeing heavy handed re-touching in that last picture if there is none?

You can believe it all you want, but it will still look to the rest of us like like heavy-handed editing that makes her look unnatural.
Agree. You're the photographer, and they're you're images, so if you're happy, that's what counts. BUT... I would NEVER consider handing images like these to my clients.
They work for me, I do a ton of weddings, I don't normally use digital portrait pro, for that unless they don't have professional make-up done, and I have used it then.
In fact, I get a lot of work because of that, on my wedding photography website I have before and after images, and I get a lot of work just because of what portrait pro can do. The clients seem to be happy with it. The amount of weddings work I have received doubled because of that.
Basically what I have learned over the years of what clients for wedding photography wants
here is what brides that hire top end wedding photographer want:

1. Totally amazing, kick ass wedding photos that make them look gorgeous.
2. Every single photography related detail taken care of for them.
3. An emotional connection with you – a trusted professional and friend.

it doesn't matter what else your good at or what type of photography you have experience with, all they want is to look good.
If your not aware of this, what are women always worried about? how they look? they are always have hang-ups of flaws in their looks, they notice the smallest wrinkle or blemish, and think it makes them look less then perfect.

who is the boss when it comes to wedding pictures? well the bride, we all know that, it's all about what she wants.
And when you can provide a way to make them look "better then they really look" they are drawn to that.

if you have 2 different photographers going up for the job and one shows they are able to make them look more beautiful or eliminate any imperfect blemishes or wrinkles and the other doesn't, then it won't matter who has more experience in the job to her, what will matter is perfectly clear..
I realized over some time I been going about it the wrong way before I realize that, I thought it was all about experience and how large your portfolio is when it comes to getting a wedding photography gig, but as I said that is not so..

and I also found out that a lot of wedding photographers who charge twice as much get the jobs simply because the clients believe that more expensive photographer will do a better job.

This is how these people think believe it or not.
So another thing I learned is by cutting your price thinking you have a better chance in getting the gig because you undercut the competition, is BS,, in fact may cause you to lose that gig.

Last edited:
really your speaking for every one? you believe your every one shares your opinion? first off that last picture was not edited, it was done with a professional make-up artist no editing, so if it still looks like that to you maybe your opinion is just "Your opinion and nothing more..
see I know what I see, and yes I posted that last image to see if you would stick with a neg statement..
so where are you seeing heavy handed re-touching in that last picture if there is none?

Hey, you were the one who asked. You got a lot of comments that said that the retouching was too much, and you basically told us all that we were wrong. So why even bother asking in the first place? Quite frankly, I don't care how you achieved the look in the last photo. It still looks heavy-handed and unnatural. I'd want my money back if you made me look like that.

Hey, you were the one who asked. You got a lot of comments that said that the retouching was too much, and you basically told us all that we were wrong. So why even bother asking in the first place? Quite frankly, I don't care how you achieved the look in the last photo. It still looks heavy-handed and unnatural. I'd want my money back if you made me look like that.

well I don't see how your seeing heavy-handed editing when no editing was done at all..
not making a joke or anything but maybe your monitor is not calibrated? what do you use to calibrate your monitor? or do you not use any calibrations?
or maybe the make-up artist was heavy-handed editing, and doesn't know how to apply make-up..
the shot was 100% natural as far as the shot goes, maybe your perception of what you like is what it is who knows, but I did ask I was looking to see if I can get an opinion of how the editing looks compared to natural, and well I got one from some one who doesn't know the difference between the two is all..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

Back