How to crop for a digital frame

Discussion in 'Digital Discussion & Q&A' started by Bthornton, Mar 27, 2009.

1. Bthornton

Bthornton TPF Noob!

I want to give some digital frames as gifts with the photos already on them. I don't know how to crop the images to fit the frames. Any help I can get would be great.

2. mrodgers

mrodgers No longer a newbie, moving up!

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos OK to edit
    Don't know what size to crop? Or just don't know how to crop photos in general?

I would guess what size. Just crop to whatever size the digital frame is. If it is 8x10, crop to that size, 4x6, crop to 4x6.

Any good photo editing program should allow you to specify a size or a ratio to keep the crop window constrained to the size/ratio you set. Though I don't think many image viewer programs do allow a specified ratio. Image viewers are different than image editors.

3. Bthornton

Bthornton TPF Noob!

From what I know digital frames are all different with the crop ratio and if it's not right then your photos will distort or look funny. I was looking for a quick rule of thumb on it if infact there was one.

4. Imaginis

Imaginis TPF Noob!

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos NOT OK to edit
    Digital frames usually have a 4x6 ratio unless otherwise noted. If you have a different crop, most frames will simply put a black border around it and will not distort the image.