How to delete duplicated pictures?

Status
Not open for further replies.

avilamillar

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hi, i have a problem. almost all of my pictures are duplicated. do someone now how can i fix that?

There are some for example with the name DSC_0002 but they are diferent, so i dont now if one of those programs to delete duplicates pictures will delete those too.

Thanks

PS: I have a mac :)

PS: I have a mac :)

there's your problem - come to the world of windows and all will better :lmao:

Ok joking aside I suspect your shooting in RAW+JPEG mode and that the repeat shots your seeing are the RAWs (you can tell because they will have a much bigger filesize than the JPEGS).
Give your camera manual a quick read on the image settings area (somewhere around there) and you should pullup a part where it will explain how to change the file type that the camera saves under. Typically you want to be in fine JPEG, RAW or RAW+JEPG.

If you want to know more about RAW in general this link gives some info
Why Raw -- Part I

its more focused on dealing with why you should shoot RAW over JEPG and its a choice many come to make in time with photography - and as hint many many people, once they learn how to use it, end up shooting RAW for much of the time. Infact RAW+JPEG is a good mode to cross over on since you have RAWs you can play with and JPEGs you are familiar with using should the RAW not turn out as you hope.

Hehe mac is better! :p

I shoot only in RAW, i think they duplicated while i was trying to pass all my pictures from my old computer to this one...

so any other ideas?? hehe

Hehe mac is better! :p

...And here you are, asking how to get rid of a bunch of duplicate files that you don't want.

Can't you just delete them? ...Or do Macs not have that ability?

Hahaha :p macs have much more abilities than that :)

yes i can delete them, but the problem is that they are like 5000 duplicates! :S the thing is that I wanted to do it quickly...

I would say Ctrl+A then Del - but Macs don't have a ctrl button...so I don't know what you should do.

can you order them in the folder by the date of creation? The originals should be all older than the repeats so that would order them out and then the last images in teh folder should be the copies

or if it is a case of JPEG + RAW, sort by type, then delete the jpegs (or RAW, if you're crazy!)

Pretend clarinetJWD posted this. I'm too lazy to log out/log in.

I would say Ctrl+A then Del - but Macs don't have a ctrl button...so I don't know what you should do.

hahaha they have Command+A then Del, but then all my pictures will de deleted! i just want to dele de duplicated ones :p

can you order them in the folder by the date of creation? The originals should be all older than the repeats so that would order them out and then the last images in teh folder should be the copies

I think i will try this, to see what happens because i put all my pictures in this computer at the same time so it might say the same dates for all of them :p

or if it is a case of JPEG + RAW, sort by type, then delete the jpegs (or RAW, if you're crazy!)

Haha i would not delete the RAW ones :p but thats not the problem, I always shoot only in RAW. I dont really now how they duplicated :S

arrange them by detail

date picture was taken

or size?

then i suppose you have to manually delete each duplicate
i dont have much experience with mac os so i wouldnt really know...

goodluck . (5000 o_O ... meh .. how did you manage to have em duplicated in the first place? )

Well, actually they weren't 5,000... they were a little more than 15,000 !! hahaha

But now i just have around 5,000. no pict duplicated :)

The pixel width was smaller in the duplicated ones so i sort them by pixel width and deleted the duplicated ones :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back