How to fix forbidden folders?

Discussion in 'Off Topic Chat' started by UUilliam, Aug 22, 2009.

1. UUilliam

UUilliam TPF Noob!

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos OK to edit
    i get
    Forbidden

You don't have permission to access /littlecuties/ on this server.
    Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

how do i remove this?
    (my website btw)

I want it to display the directory
    it only works if i make it a index.html...
    I am using godaddy (domain + free hosting, with domain.)

2. boogschd

boogschd TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    404's mean that the page doesnt exist i think

check your links?

3. musicaleCA

musicaleCA TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    GoDaddy hosting? *shudder* Best contact them and ask what's up. My uneducated guess is that for some reason, your read-write permissions on the server for that folder are revoked, or damaged, or whatever. If it's a Unix server, it should be a simple permissions fix; if it's Windows...er...pray? :meh:

4. rufus5150

rufus5150 TPF Noob!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    Chances are you'll need to set up a .htaccess file which allows the directory to be read without an index file.

Try creating or modifying a file in that directory called .htaccess and add the following directive:

Or if that doesn't work, try:

Save the file and try again. You will also need all-read privs on the directory that you're trying to link to.

As to why your error document is giving you a 404, can't help you there.

5. UUilliam

UUilliam TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    Thanks Ruffus, Worked for me :)

(Options +Indexes)