Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Website
wsgphotography.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit

_POR5069-Edit
by Bill Grayson, on Flickr

No, I have no idea really. I never get too many likes on my photos on social media. Either my images suck, I'm not marketing correctly or people are afraid their wives/girlfriends/husbands/boyfriends are gonna get jealous? Maybe somewhere between.

Nice image Trev, and yeah, I'm with you on the social media thing... if post an image and it gets into double-digit "Likes", I consider that exceptional!

. I never get too many likes on my photos on social media. Either my images suck, I'm not marketing correctly or people are afraid their wives/girlfriends/husbands/boyfriends are gonna get jealous? Maybe somewhere between.

Or it could mean that you've reached a level where you're "expected" to only display the best. For me it's much easier to get likes either due to sympathy or shock that I actually posted a good image.

The social media crowd might not realize what it takes to produce exceptional photography, so what they think they are evaluating is the subject material, in your case the model. If they like the model, they click, if not, they don't.

Cell pics of my wife get the most reaction so that makes sense really.

Soooo.....

using your iPhone 4s to take a pic of 2 year old grinning with a butterfly on his nose will get more 'likes' than a masterful black/white image imaginatively revealing leading lines with your Nikon D5?

Why YES,... yes it will.

Every time. :1247:

Last edited:
People like the silly stuff. If they don't know the person or people in photos they probably won't bother to like or comment. Why does it matter, really? Getting feedback here is probably more helpful than likes from people who like everything that crosses their path! lol or just take a quick glance and go on to the next thing.

Get the model to ware a Trump/Hillary Mask.

I think when it comes to Instagram or Flickr or a non personal Facebook, it's more of a question of number of followers. If you look at how many followers some of these people have, the number of "likes" or "faves" is correlated. It's much easier to get 1000 likes when you have 32,000 followers.

I think when it comes to Instagram or Flickr or a non personal Facebook, it's more of a question of number of followers. If you look at how many followers some of these people have, the number of "likes" or "faves" is correlated. It's much easier to get 1000 likes when you have 32,000 followers.

I have over 3300 followers and lucky to get 10-15 likes

Just take a OOF landscape, blow up the color saturation,tilt your horizon and post it on FB should get you closer.:1247:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back