How to get in

Tahmis

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
im a 16 year old AP photo student at my highschool who plans on attending a concert at the ottobar in baltimore. I then got the idea to use the show as part of my final and a way to maybe be intruduced into the buissness of photography. I've just sent an email to the bar and to the bands forum, but before i began discussing anything with anyone, i was wondering if some one could basicaly map out what it takes to gain access to these kind of jobs (im basicaly trying to get somewhat backstage, it's a realy small bar) and advice as far as who to talk to.
I already mentioned in my emails that id be happy to donate the photos for the backstage access, is this pretty nessesary in my situation? how many pictures do u think theyd expect me to take? any help would be greatly apprecciated.

the ottobar is a great venue. To get in all you would need is a pass from the owners I'd imagine, perhaps a type of "media pass". Depending on what you work out though, you may or may not be obligated to provide pictures to the bar, though I'm sure if you talked to local bands and told them they could have any pictures you take of them, they'd be willing to put in a good word for you or maybe even ask the owners for you.

Most reactions

Back