How to get tham to smile?

I agree, Jip. Banter, non-stop talking, seems to do the trick a lot of the time. But with adults, I also find that I get surprisingly natural looking pictures if I give very vague direction and allow them to interpret my request. So, instead of saying something like, "go sit like such and such on this bench, looking this direction, with this look on your face" I'll usually say something like, "Go have a seat on that bench and just get relaxed and comfortable." When you combine that with some friendly banter, you might find people treating you more like a friend and so responding more naturally.

It doesn't always work for me, but I'll bet it's 85% of the time.

If all else fails, get a 7 foot tall, 450+ pound person to MAKE them smile for you, like this...

w4576456y5re.jpg

OK, kidding aside, I have less of a hassle getting someone to smile for me than I do with snapping the picture at the right time. For me, funny faces or a funny joke usually does the trick. If not, bribery shouldn't be ruled out. :lol:

Well I work at a brewery when I am not taking pictures so the beer for adults would probably be better. LOL I will have to try some suckers though. :lol:
I don't think a lolli would work for me but a beer might...

Thank you! :blushing:
Congratulations on the weight loss that’s wonderful, sexy mosquito!

Sometimes I want to do this to my children to make them smile. :lmao:
If all else fails, get a 7 foot tall, 450+ pound person to MAKE them smile for you, like this...

w4576456y5re.jpg

OK, kidding aside, I have less of a hassle getting someone to smile for me than I do with snapping the picture at the right time. For me, funny faces or a funny joke usually does the trick. If not, bribery shouldn't be ruled out. :lol:

I just talk. Eventually something will come up that will make them smirt, smile or something.

I'm always with the camera. I multi-task. Talk and take pictures :)

~Michael~

Keep on of those little battery operated Fart generators in your pocket. I have never seen a quick toot from one of them not get at least a smile. :lmao::lol::lmao:

I had a guy once say," momma's a lesbian" to get me to smile...I lost it, it cracked me up!

Worse comes to worse, have 'em keep saying Pepsi...a quick fake smile because of the mouth movement.

Most reactions

Back