How to go about teathering?

JohannesShanghai

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Hi everyone!

I am trying to make use of technology and make my life way lot easier! Would be great if you guys can help me.

I currently have a canon 5d mark II, with macAir and IpadAir..plus another computer at home. I was wondering what software to use to teather? I want to attach my camera into a computer so I can shoot while my client can see the photos right away! Especially since I don't have my own studio.

Not sure if MacAir/Ipad is useful? If so what softwares do I need to buy?

Any suggestions would be suppper helpful.

Thanks!!

The software that comes with the camera should allow for tethered capture, but many of us use Lightroom, since we have that anyway.

I use lightroom. Not the most sophisticated tethering... it's more of a "I can click the shutter with the computer and view the images, but can't do much else.." kinda tethering.

The Digital Photo Professional (DPP) software that shipped with the camera can do tether shoot. At least mine does. :)

Here is the website for a company that I found about a year or so ago that has a lot of the cables and other things that you may or may not need or want. I am sure that there is others out there that are selling some of the same things.

http://www.tethertools.com

Most reactions

New Topics

Back