How to keep going

If there's an old folks retirement center in your city you could discuss your intentions to practice lighting portraits with them, good chance they'll let you set up in one of their public rooms and I'll bet you'll have a lot more willing subjects than the flakes on MM.

I have a friend down in Jalgaon, he mostly does landscape shots and pictures of his wife and kids. What I do know from talking to him is that there is no lack of people for photographing in India.

I checked for Lucknow and one of your beauty queens is available for TFP work:
Sukhmani

Thanks for this.
You found her on Facebook or some other site ?
I have messaged her on Facebook.

I have a friend down in Jalgaon, he mostly does landscape shots and pictures of his wife and kids. What I do know from talking to him is that there is no lack of people for photographing in India.

I checked for Lucknow and one of your beauty queens is available for TFP work:
Sukhmani

Yeah, see what her public profile page says! A good example, similar to those one finds on ModelMayhem dot com for aspiring models who WANT to do TFP or TFCD shoots. "
★ Assignment with Creative Photographers
★ Assignment for Fashion Brands
★ Product Endorsement
★ Keen to be a runway model / Fashion Shows
★ Portfolio build up projects with Photographers & MUA
(Available to work with photographers and make-up artist on TFP)

As a model I would be Interested in working for experimental / creative concept shoot.

Dance, Music, Acting, Modeling, Reading, Surfing, Sports, Puzzles, Hiking, Swiming.

CONTACT INFO
a9L2wNZai3M.png

@Sukhmane
wLlG5cEEIuu.png

[email protected]
"

Yes, you are correct, I have messaged her. Lets see.

Ask your pretty friends to model for you - that's how I started. Or strangers if you don't have friends in town. Just be professional about it.

After that, check out ModelMayhem.

Watch Youtube videos on posing and lighting, and feel free to print out reference photos and poses.

My friends are not in my current city, they have moved out for job.
I being a freelancer work from home, and most contacts are overseas.
ModelMayhem shows only 3 results for my city, that too on the outer side and close to other cities near by.
Yes I do watch lots of videos.

Thanks for the help

If there's an old folks retirement center in your city you could discuss your intentions to practice lighting portraits with them, good chance they'll let you set up in one of their public rooms and I'll bet you'll have a lot more willing subjects than the flakes on MM.

I am not sure of this, may be they will just ignore the request even if I find one.
People have a bad habit of not replying here.
I have messaged so many people on fb, they don't reply, only a handful of them reply.

"I have messaged so many people on fb, they don't reply, only a handful of them reply."

So you're messaging unknown pretty girls on facebook and most of them don't respond? huh?

"I have messaged so many people on fb, they don't reply, only a handful of them reply."

So you're messaging unknown pretty girls on facebook and most of them don't respond? huh?

Ha ha, not unknown pretty girls.
Mostly restaurants, make up studios, in case they need something to shoot.
Is that wrong ?

If you have followed this thread, you will see a link above posted of a model available for TFP.
I messaged her, and that might fall in 'unknown pretty girl' category, how else should I go ?

Thanks

Just keep at it. Message with links to on-line portfolio images or website or Facebook portfolios. Persistence is a good quality. Keep at it!

"Ha ha, not unknown pretty girls."
sorry should of used an emojis for the tongue in cheek comment in relation to all the MM talk

"Mostly restaurants, make up studios, in case they need something to shoot.
Is that wrong ?"

Are you looking to practice or pick up paying clients? imho, it's not a preferred business practice to show up one moment in the prospects eyes as a freebie wanting to test then the next time trying to market your services to them for a price. They will already perceive you as a free photographer - it's hard to raise your prices once you've established them - in this case free, much better to practice with subjects who aren't going to be your clients down the road

Last edited:
Just keep at it. Message with links to on-line portfolio images or website or Facebook portfolios. Persistence is a good quality. Keep at it!
Yes, will keep in mind

"Ha ha, not unknown pretty girls."
sorry should of used an emojis for the tongue in cheek comment in relation to all the MM talk

"Mostly restaurants, make up studios, in case they need something to shoot.
Is that wrong ?"

Are you looking to practice or pick up paying clients? imho, it's not a preferred business practice to show up one moment in the prospects eyes as a freebie wanting to test then the next time trying to market your services to them for a price. They will already perceive you as a free photographer - it's hard to raise your prices once you've established them - in this case free, much better to practice with subjects who aren't going to be your clients down the road

You are correct, but that's how I was able to build up my current portfolio of brides.

Most reactions

Back