how to maintain lenses?

pulser9

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
My lenses have very little use so far and they have already start to loose there smothness. Is there anything i can do to make then focus and zoom more smothly? also what is the best material to clean your lens with?

WD-40 takes the squeeks out"NO dont do that ! j/k.. All my lenses seem to get smoother the older they get,mabe you just need to get out and use them for a spell ? I use a rocket blower and micro fibre cloth to clean them along with a camel hair brush thats very soft,and just be very gentle with the pressure you aply to the lens they are tougher then most think but you realy dont need to risk it.[note ]when wiping your lens do it in a lite circular motion ! and avoid caned air if possible ,I have a fairly inexpencive Tamron 28 mm lens siting here I picked up cheaper then dirt becouse some one used caned air in an angled manner ,can was not strait up and down ! so when they hit the button very very cold liquid hit the lens and left a small spot on the lens about the size of a pea,thought i would try to buff it out so far no luck still has a spot !

I like putting mine in the dishwasher. But your dirt is in the mechanism. What you can try is facing the lense down and, working the zoom back and forth. Sometimes that will dislodge larger particles. I had that problem with the lower budget lenses, they arent sealed really well.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back