How to make it big in Wedding Photography

WOW, WHAT A story! I wonder how much this couple will end up actually paying to the photographer. I mean, will they really pay up? or declare bankruptcy and skip out on the court-ordered damages?

I saw that article bout 2 days ago and think thats really messed up what they did. Slandering an honest photographer cuz they just wanna be cheap.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Still cheaper than a divorce.

wow .. all that for $125 and their lawyer didn't step up and correct them?

That's why I'll never be a wedding photographer.

I was trying to find the thread where we all discussed this story when it first came out, but couldn't find it.

WOW, WHAT A story! I wonder how much this couple will end up actually paying to the photographer. I mean, will they really pay up? or declare bankruptcy and skip out on the court-ordered damages?

I have a feel they will win an appeal.

I have a feel they will win an appeal.

Even if they do, the judgement will likely be for a somewhat lower award, and the cost of bringing that appeal will be greater than the $125 they were trying to dodge...

So the moral of the story is .. read your contract ...

The wedding couple apparently aren't card players:
"You got to know when to hold em, know when to fold em, know when to walk away, know when to run ...."

And......most Wedding pictures are never looked at.

Unfortunately for the photographer who's business was ruined it's unlikely she will recover much. Reputable businesses carry insurance and have assets that can be collected on, it's doubtful that the couple in question do. Even with a garnishment on wages it could take years to recover anything, or as mentioned above they file bankruptcy skipping out on it entirely. Sadly though many states have Cyberbully laws on the books, in most cases they end up in civil rather then criminal court.

What's really distressing is that two people deliberately set out to destroy somebody else because they couldn't see past their own pettyness. That hate wasn't created by the photographer, it was in the couple from the start.

Most reactions

Back