How To Make Money As Ameteur Photographer

Making money taking photos is easy.

Making a living by taking photos is the hard part.

First of all how do you even find a thread this old?

I am a rank amateur photographer with no intentions towards going pro but I have made 3 sets of pics for money over the years and admittedly I got a buzz out of it.

I have turned down several requests for portraits (that I would have no clue how to do) and been offered money for processing some raw files supplied by a well paid professional photographer.

My hobby is photography and to consider chasing paid work would rob me of the pleasure I get out of it.

LOL at the four+-year-old thread that had ZERO replies in 2010 getting resurrected and suddenly managing eight (now nine) replies in about an hour.
Ain't the internet an odd place?? :D

Well, I guess that would be my fault.

That said, it's an absolutely pertinent topic. The OP may or may not still be here, but the suggestions made today are every bit as valuable and valid as they were five years ago.

When it comes to making money, things don't often change. Some people make enough to survive on, some people luck into making more than they need, some people work their asses off and don't make enough, I fall into the working until I'm dead category.

Best way is to sell your camera gear

That's assuming you can sell it for more than you paid for it.

With today's gear, that probably ain't gonna' happen.

Like others are trying to say, it's tough out there. However, I know young folks who have silver tongues and can talk a rabid Wolverine into eating out of their hands so never say never. Some folks will buy decent photos of their kids playing high school or whatever ball games. If you can get better photos than the average soccer mom or lunch pail dad at ball games and so on you might make a few bucks. There are opportunities out there but you have to be able to spot them and take good enough photos to fill the bill. Good luck.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back