How to photograph a bike?

Discussion in 'Graphics Programs and Photo Gallery' started by kiat, Nov 16, 2007.

1. kiat

kiat TPF Noob!

Hello,

We have started manufacture of a bike and would like to photograph it for purposes of showing to retailers and salespeople. We aren't ready to hire a professional photographer ($$$) and would like to quickly produce some good looking photos.
    I have found that I can rent equipment locally. http://www.lozeau.com/english/services/rental.htm
    Could anyone advise me as to what to rent camera wise and background and any other equipment to produce a good photo say on a white background?
    We have good editing software but I'd like the photograph to be as good as possible to minimize editing...
    Kiat

2. Flash Harry

Flash Harry TPF Noob!

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos NOT OK to edit
    This is a joke, your willing to rent a load of gear but don't have the dough for a photographer, wise up. H

3. kiat

kiat TPF Noob!

Don't be rude. I supplied the site from where I intend to rent the equipment. I estimate it'll cost less than 500$ for the day. We have quotes to photograph the bikes starting at 3000$.

4. DHammer

DHammer TPF Noob!

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos OK to edit
    May be worth it to contact a local college with photography courses and ask for a student reccomendation and pay a student a smaller amount. You would get a better photo by virtue of an educated photographer, you would help out a student and you wouldn't waste your money if you do it yourself and don't get a useable shot. Also shop around there is always a photographer just starting who is looking for fill in work.

5. kiat

kiat TPF Noob!

Thank you for your suggestion.