I am Big, I am Mike
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Website
www.mikehodson.ca
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Tired of the same old outdoor games? Looking for something with more kick than badminton?

Beer darts may be for you

Overview
Best played outdoors with four players (two teams of two), Beer Darts, is fun for both participants & spectators. The object of the game is to make the opposing team chug their can of beer by puncturing it with a dart.

Equipment
You will need four lawn chairs, a standard set of darts and a case of beer.

Set up
Set up the lawn chairs to form the Beer Darts court as seen in figure 1. The teams sit facing each other with their target beer between them. The target beer must be shaken vigorously prior to being to being placed into position.

Figure 1.
Camp-014.jpg

Playing the Game
Players take turn throwing all three darts at the opposing team's target beer. Players must remain seated while throwing the darts. See figure 2. & figure 3.

Figure 2.
Camp-017.jpg

Figure 3.
Camp-015.jpg

If a player's dart punctures a beer can, the opposing team must immediately chug their punctured beer. The beer must be finished before play can continue. See figure 4. & figure 5.

Figure 4.
Camp-018.jpg

Figure 5.
Camp-022.jpg

After finishing their first beer, the team replaces their target beer with a freshly shaken beer and continues play. Once a team has punctured two of the opposing team's beers, they are declared the winners and may taunt the loosing team. See figure 6.

Figure 6.
Camp-021.jpg

Variations
Variations to the game may be necessary depending on player skill and amount of beer consumed.

If players are having trouble hitting the target beer, move each players chair 10cm closer each time that player misses with all three darts.

Another variation is to place both of a team's target beers out at one time.

Chase said:
Drunkeness and sharp instruments flying through the air towards people...hmm...

I'm in!! :lol:

Wouldn't have it any other way! I'm in too!

Zach :D

How about that Bocce ball? That could make for some fun too ;)

I'm just thinking it could be fun watching inebriated players as I'm guessing aim would deteriorate ;)

All joking aside, I sort of fell for the pic where he's kissing the beer can. It looks like disturbed poetry.

Humorous and informative.

"Variations
Variations to the game may be necessary depending on player skill and amount of beer consumed." I bet it is more the latter. :lol:

With the NHL "lock out", you could claim " It's a Canadian Game, eh!"

Great post Big Mike.

Most reactions

Back