How to stay awake in meetings.

mrsid99

TPF Supporters
Supporting Member
Reaction score
HOW TO STAY AWAKE IN MEETINGS

Do you keep falling asleep in meetings and seminars?
What about those long and boring conference calls?
Here's a way to change all of that.
1. Before (or during) your next meeting, seminar, or conference call, prepare yourself by drawing a square. I find that 5"x5" is a good size. Divide the card into columns - five across and five down. That will give you 25 one-inch blocks.
2. Write one of the following words/phrases in each of those 25 blocks:

· Synergy
· Strategic fit
· Core competencies
· Best practice
· Bottom line
· Stakeholder(s)
· CTQ(s)
· The truth is
· Out of the loop
· Benchmark
· Value-added
· Proactive
· Win-win
· Think outside the box
· Fast track
· Result-driven
· Empower (or empowerment)
· Knowledge base
· At the end of the day
· Touch base
· Mindset
· Customer Centricity / focus(ed)
· Paradigm
· Game plan
· Leverage

3. Check off the appropriate block when you hear one of those words/phrases.
4. When you get five blocks horizontally, vertically, or diagonally, stand up and shout "BULLSH*T!"
Testimonials from satisfied "BULSH*T BINGO" players:
Ø "I had been in the meeting for only five minutes when I won." -- Adam W., Atlanta.
Ø "My attention span at meetings has improved dramatically." -- David T., Florida.
Ø "What a gas! Meetings will never be the same for me after my first win." -- Dan J., New York City.
Ø "The atmosphere was tense in the last process meeting as 14 of us waited for the fifth box." -- Ben G., Denver.
Ø "The speaker was stunned as eight of us screamed 'BULLSH*T!' for the third time in two hours." – Rick A., Orlando.

Heard one yesterday in a meeting. Nearly fell off my chair laughing. Well it was more of a surpressed laughter otherwise i would of been chucked out of the meeting.
And i quote ..."fly by the seat of your pants"
When the speaker asked us for any questions i had to put my hand over my mouth to stop me from berating him. Still have no idea as to what he
meant. Tosser

Most reactions

Back