How to structure your posts to get critiques on your work (C&C)

i agree. i should have read this before i posted 30 images for C&C. i went back in fixed it though!

Found this very usefull, sure wish i'd seen it earlier. Perhaps this could be stickied for myself and other new members that may be wanting some critique?

I find it helps to use a photo of an attractive female as your avatar. Many comments and critiques.

I kid..I kid...

Thank you so much, Overread!

I wonder though- Will a long, detailed post cause many people to just skip your thread? The whole "TL;DR" comes to mind.

The information is wonderful and I would learn so much more if I included everything you list, but I would hate for it to discourage members from actually reading it all.

I think, the more effort you put into your post, the more detailed responses you get. At least I'd like to think so.

I agree with Bitter - provided that you space out your comments with paragraphs and don't repeat too often most of the regular members will appreciate the added detail. Also putting more up front helps to display that you are serious about things and thus is far more likely to encourage people to spend more time over a reply to you.

One or two might post TLDR, but chances are that means they don't have much to say anyway ;)

What is TLDR???

I think, the more effort you put into your post, the more detailed responses you get. At least I'd like to think so.
I don't know; I'm thinking I put TOO much into mine and all the text before the pictures turned people off...on the other hand, it may have been the pictures that turned them off, so I guess I should live in my happy, deluded little world where I think it was all the text...

I find it helps to use a photo of an attractive female as your avatar. Many comments and critiques.

I kid..I kid...
Oh, great, that explains it...just yesterday I added an avatar, and also posted a C&C request...had only one response to it...so if my avatar was female, that means it was lacking the other qualifier... :lmao:

Oh!

YAY! I prefer providing more details than less. I feel including everything you can does help cut down on some of the assumptions that get blown out of proportion.

a TWDLR? Someone who over edits for the sake of it.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back